What cb channels do you use?

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone I installed my cb earlier this summer and my buddy has a cb in his f250 that we talk to each other occasionally whenever we're hanging out or trail riding. When i'm alone i usually just tune to channel 19 but don't pick up all that much in the suburbs outside of the Metro-Memphis area where i live but when i'm with my buddy and we're talking on the cb we always use 23 most of the time. What channel do y'all tune to most of the time

Rccrwlr

My cb is disconnected when I'm not on the trail. My antenna doesn't fit in the garage. Trail leader usually picks the few times I've been on a trail.

scull20

I don't have a preference. I turn mine on occasionally if I'm bored, or to make noise lol. Otherwise I'll throw it in scan mode during traffic to listen for some chatter about what's going on up ahead.

jeff_in_rc

Our club uses channel 1 on all runs and in our club listing in the In Gear magazine for Cal 4 Wheel it states we use channel 1 as well.

Now when a few of us that do runs outside of the club the leader AKA trail boss will pick the channel.

As long as your set the same as others in your group it really does not matter which one you use, just pick one and go have fun.

thardy

Banned
Well, according to the FCC here https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/citizens-band-cb-service "Channel 9 is reserved for emergency communications or for traveler assistance."

When I go out, I plan to just leave it on Channel 9. I also saw a sign in the Sierra's that state that they monitor Channel 9.

You wouldn't want to be on channel 9 unless you have an emergency. If something happens, you go to channel 9. But then again, I've NEVER heard of anyone actually using that on the trail. You would want to be on the channel that your group is on when you go on a ride.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You wouldn't want to be on channel 9 unless you have an emergency. If something happens, you go to channel 9. But then again, I've NEVER heard of anyone actually using that on the trail. You would want to be on the channel that your group is on when you go on a ride.

Think about what you just said.....lets say you and I are on the same trail, but 5 miles apart, and you need help ASAP....you turn to channel 9 and cry for help....but to no avail because no one else is on channel 9 and no one can hear you. When Im out on the trail (unless Im with a group) Im usually alone, and ALWAYS have my CB on channel 9.

groovebus

I wouldn't use any of the first 6 channels. Those are what they call the "Superbowl" channels. There are people that have giant 1000W transmitters with 30ft antennas blast those first few channels with tons of power. That's why you can hear those crazy guys talking from Mississippi and other places in the deep south. I hear them clear all the way out here in CA.

When I go out with a group we usually use Ch. 13 or 16. 13 because I figure there are alot of superstitious people, which means the ch. will be clear of interference, and 16 because 4x4 is awesome. :)

OneTuffJeep

As a trucker as well as a Jeeper, we don't like the chatter on 19 unless it's traffic updates and such. Down south we use channel 7 and I love to ride by the areas known for Jeep trails in the semi and listen to them on 7 guiding each other thru the trails. If you use 19, just be respectful to the truckers. After all, truckers move America and without trucks you'd literally have nothing. ;)

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Well, according to the FCC here https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/citizens-band-cb-service "Channel 9 is reserved for emergency communications or for traveler assistance."

When I go out, I plan to just leave it on Channel 9. I also saw a sign in the Sierra's that state that they monitor Channel 9.

^This^

Think about what you just said.....lets say you and I are on the same trail, but 5 miles apart, and you need help ASAP....you turn to channel 9 and cry for help....but to no avail because no one else is on channel 9 and no one can hear you. When Im out on the trail (unless Im with a group) Im usually alone, and ALWAYS have my CB on channel 9.

I know this is an old thread, but I feel like it should be clarified that it's against FCC regulations to transmit anything on channel 9 UNLESS it's an emergency. So listening on 9 is fine but transmitting a bunch of chatter about the trail you're on would not be wise.

I like channels 4 and 16.

tucked

Our club (KC Jeep Club) primary channel is 4. I believe we use 14 also if we divide up into a second group on the trail.

TennJK

Our club (KC Jeep Club) primary channel is 4. I believe we use 14 also if we divide up into a second group on the trail.

4 is designated in a lot of states as the 4x4 channel. Thats what I normally use when on the trails

Top Bottom