Trouble with Teraflex Quick Disconnects

swazza94

Does anyone else run Teraflex Quick Disconnects and have a hard time disconnecting?? they are so stiff I need to carry a crowbar and pry them off!! Every time I disconnect I grease them back up in the hopes of making it easier the next time but never works :mad:

Petthefish

Try using a little super fine grit sandpaper and buff them down just a bit. Then get some chrome buffing compound and buff them smooth. And White Lithium grease is awesome stuff. I don't run anything teraflex but this should fix your issues

USMC Wrangler

I used them for a little while. It was the 0-3" version. I had the same issues and never really found a fix. I'm back to using stock links since I have a small BB.

I ran them for a while before I picked up a used rubicon sway bar. The teraflex disconnect eventually gets easier. I had to use a pry bar at first. Over time, I was able to pull them off and put them back on by hand.

Spudcannons

I ran them for a while before I picked up a used rubicon sway bar. The teraflex disconnect eventually gets easier. I had to use a pry bar at first. Over time, I was able to pull them off and put them back on by hand.

^I have had to use a dead blow hammer to get them on and off so far. If you don't mind me asking how much was the rubi swaybar?

^I have had to use a dead blow hammer to get them on and off so far. If you don't mind me asking how much was the rubi swaybar?

Bought it for $200 from a guy that had a 2014 JKR and replaced the bar with a currie antirock. And paid another $85 for the evo no limits manual disconnect from northridge4x4. It works great, but if I had more time on my hands, I would have rather had made my own turn knob plate.

Last edited:

Spudcannons

Bought it for $200 from a guy that replaced it with a currie antirock. And paid another $85 for the evo no limits manual disconnect from northridge4x4. It works great, but if I had more time on my hands, I would have rather had made my own turn knob plate.

That's an interesting idea. I'll look into making a plate like that. Did you find a write up or something?

Black Beaver

I have the same problem with mine. I've had them on for a year now and it still hasn't gotten easier. I have been told that I have packed to much grease in them and making the bushing hard to get off. I bought a new RK lift that came with new ones. So I'm getting rid of my teraflex ones.

jeff_in_rc

If the links have a poly bushing that slide over a hard pin you might ream the bushings out a little, worked for me on my old Jeep. Just thinking out loud.

swazza94

Thanks for the help guys :thumb: i will run down to the local hardware store and get something to free them up a little or bite the bullet and get some JKS quick disco's

Top Bottom