Front axle leaking at u joint

Riley Moss

Hey all was changing my oil the other day and noticed that my axle on the driver side was leaking oil any ideas ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436823960.951032.jpg

hudginsja

Mine was covered under warranty. It's a 2014. They replaced the seal on both sides. Took them about a day.

USMC Wrangler

A previous neighbor of mine had all kinds of axle leaks. The dealer in Odessa, TX apparently covered all of it. He does have an '09, bone stock, with the lifetime warranty...if that makes a difference. I don't know for a fact that he had the same leak as you, but I know they towed it 250 miles on three occasions for different leaks on the front axle. Can't hurt to ask. :twocents:

Riley Moss

Sweet yeah I'm only on a 2.5 inch spacer and 31's moderate off reading but nothing serious so I can't see why they wouldn't cover it under an axle assembly warranty. We will see how it goes

Devallee

Question... What would happen over time if this seal leak were left unserviced? I've had a leak in mine for a long while and never messed with it. My front axle is toast anyways so I'm waiting to replace it but what could happen over time? Worst case scenario?

Top Bottom