Rock Krawler Rock Runner kit.

Spudcannons

A three link will drive differently than your current setup on the street. Definitely try one first. Also that is a shit ton of parts that need to be installed professionally and probably 3k in labor or more. You NEED it professionally installed and setup that kit is weld on only.

Spudcannons

Also if you want that kit have Northridge 4x4 weld all the axle brackets before they ship you the axles then it will be doable to install but you will need it to be professionally setup and tweaked.

OscarMike2.0

A three link will drive differently than your current setup on the street. Definitely try one first. Also that is a shit ton of parts that need to be installed professionally and probably 3k in labor or more. You NEED it professionally installed and setup that kit is weld on only.

Ive been in one with this setup minus the coilovers and it drove tighter than my current setup. Im also aware of the cost of install. It would be installed by a friend who has already installed this kit twice.

OscarMike2.0

Also if you want that kit have Northridge 4x4 weld all the axle brackets before they ship you the axles then it will be doable to install but you will need it to be professionally setup and tweaked.

I dont think you understand. All of the parts in the kit have to be welded to the body. There is no part of this kit that is bolt on.

Spudcannons

Make sure to have Northridge weld the axle brackets. If you are going to spend this much, and has someone who can install and fan like that do an evo lever with high clearance brackets. Or just do a custom setup like rdy2rk

OscarMike2.0

Make sure to have Northridge weld the axle brackets. If you are going to spend this much, and has someone who can install and fan like that do an evo lever with high clearance brackets. Or just do a custom setup like rdy2rk

I ordered the axles directly from dynatrac. The evo setup is nice but just not what im looking for. I had considered custom but decided not because of the extended period of time the jeep would be down.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Spudcannons

My bad. Must have misinterpreted what you said..

That's why I said it was weld on only. I would would have it done professionally even if you have a friend that has done it. A tiny mistake can make that crazy expensive down the road, even if the axle bracket is a few degrees off...

thardy

Banned
I ordered the axles directly from dynatrac. The evo setup is nice but just not what im looking for. I had considered custom but decided not because of the extended period of time the jeep would be down.

I'm curious as to what you're looking for if the Evo setup isn't what you're looking for but you're asking about another company's version.

OscarMike2.0

I think rubiconromero just had this set up installed. He is currently running it on his two door and is out for the rubicon run. Maybe he will post up his impressions with it after the trip

Alright thanks. Ill PM him.

That's why I said it was weld on only. I would would have it done professionally even if you have a friend that has done it. A tiny mistake can make that crazy expensive down the road, even if the axle bracket is a few degrees off...

He is a professional. He installed Grubbicon and GR8WHITEs lift on here.

I'm curious as to what you're looking for if the Evo setup isn't what you're looking for but you're asking about another company's version.

The three link and ill be going with aluminum arms something Evo doesn't offer.

OscarMike2.0

What's the attraction with the three link and aluminum arms?

Well the aluminum arms because they will save around 500 pounds in weight on the vehicle. Most dont know but the rock krawler long arms are solid steel which in turn weighs a TON. I like the three link because ive seen it preform very well with alot of abuse. (Grubb)

ttfhell

Not sure where you wheel but if you break one control arm on the three link you're not driving home. Might not be a big deal depending on where you wheel or trailer etc.

OscarMike2.0

Not sure where you wheel but if you break one control arm on the three link you're not driving home. Might not be a big deal depending on where you wheel or trailer etc.

That was the only downside to the 3 Link I could come up with but Ill be buying a trailer soon so I think ill be covered.

thardy

Banned
Well the aluminum arms because they will save around 500 pounds in weight on the vehicle. Most dont know but the rock krawler long arms are solid steel which in turn weighs a TON. I like the three link because ive seen it preform very well with alot of abuse. (Grubb)

Personally I would want my control arms to be beefy and steel. Especially if running a 3 link where one control arm going down means a bad day on the trail.

Spudcannons

It does not save 500 pounds.... not even close.... the whole EVO long arm kit with springs is less than 500 lbs...

Top Bottom