Dash light question

Devallee

What can be causing these lights to come on (besides the traction control light. I disabled that years ago)? It's the e-brake light that's worrying me. I've seen the other come on when the wheel speed sensor or clock spring is bad but I've never seen anything with the e-brake light. Any input as to what it could be?

Attachments

• 1437014097473.jpg
    1437014097473.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 91

curtiso504

On my 2015 the ground cable at the battery needed tightening. All kind of lights were going on and off intermittently.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it were a clock spring issue, you would have an air bag light on as well. Whenever these lights all come up, it's typically because you have a bad wheel speed sensor. The brake light will eventually come on if you disconnect one of the lines.

t8er

If it were a clock spring issue, you would have an air bag light on as well. Whenever these lights all come up, it's typically because you have a bad wheel speed sensor. The brake light will eventually come on if you disconnect one of the lines.

I just had the brake light come on. All my banjo bolts were tight and there were no leaks. No sign of the e brake being loose either.

WJCO

Meme King
ABS, traction, and Brake on. Leaning toward a module or wiring issue at module. Like Eddie said check around your speed sensors/wiring visually for torn or loose wiring, and/or check for codes for the sensors themselves. I've found good luck at Oreillys (they have more than just OBDII powertrain scanner capability). Did these lights come on after any wheeling or going through water? If they came on after any water crossings, I would check around your traction control module and sensors for any water intrusion or corrosion (I do not know where the module is located on a JK). The red brake light itself usually indicates a)low fluid level, b)hydraulic pressure loss or leak, c) ebrake staying engaged or brake switch issue. Being that the light is on along with the ESP and the ABS, it's likely more of an electrical issue like a sensor or module.

Top Bottom