Overheating only when driving.

AMEChambers

Hello all, wave from Jacksonville, Florida. It's been a while since my last post. Yesterday I was driving my 2007 jku and the a/c started blowing warm and the temp gauge hit 3/4... Similar symptoms I got two months ago when my radiator blew. I pulled over to let it cool and check things out... Coolant was boiling hot... Started to drive home and it would over heat about every mile... Took an hour to drive the four miles home. I'm confused because it only overheats while driving. The radiator, thermostat, hoses, coolant are all two months old. I'm leaning towards a bad water pump.. Does this sound like a correct diagnosis to any of you?

AMEChambers

Yeah fan is on high. The correct Fluid has always been added... I'm thinking water pump since the pump is belt driven and it only overheats when under load. It's only 40$ and a few bolts. If yall can think of anything else please let me know. I'm changing the pump tomorrow so fingers crossed!

AMEChambers

Just changed the water pump... No joy. Still overheating. To recap two or three months ago I changed the radiator and thermostat because the radiator sprung a leak. Now the water pump was changed for the overheating issue. I'm at a loss. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! As always thanks for the help.

robertoloco

Just changed the water pump... No joy. Still overheating. To recap two or three months ago I changed the radiator and thermostat because the radiator sprung a leak. Now the water pump was changed for the overheating issue. I'm at a loss. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! As always thanks for the help.

Looking to find out what your problem is as my 08 started overheating today.

WJCO

Meme King
Thermostat is an easy check with a temperature laser. When engine starts to overheat, if tstat is stuck closed, you'll have way different temperature readings on each side and radiator hose won't feel pressurized.

Make sure your fan is working too and that your radiator isn't clogged with a bunch of mud and debris.

Top Bottom