Quick discos

JakeJK

Can anyone point me to a thread on these or help me understand how they work/are they worth my money

OscarMike2.0

Can anyone point me to a thread on these or help me understand how they work/are they worth my money

It will make disconnecting your sway bar a ton easier. As for explaining what the difference between a disconnected sway bar and a connected one this will help you visualize it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqzrOqF3dI

In the video you will see that all he has to do to disconnect his sway bars (which he forgot to do) is press a button in the cab and that is because its a rubicon with the electronic sway bar. All other model jeeps (Sahara, Sport, Freedom Edition, Willys Wheeler etc..) do not come with this and you will have to manually unbolt the sway bar links to be disconnected. Getting quick disconnects removes the need to unbolt anything but instead all you need to do is remove a pin and whack the sway bar links off the axle mounts.

Below are the stock sway bar links which as you can see have bolts you would have to undo to disconnect.

2-Terflex-Jeep-JK-3-14-13.jpg

These are quick disconnets. As you can see there is a bolt on one side and a pin on the other. (Makes life alot easier and are defiently a wise investment)

main.php

Last edited:

JakeJK

It will make disconnecting your sway bar a ton easier. As for explaining what the difference between a disconnected sway bar and a connected one this will help you visualize it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqzrOqF3dI

In the video you will see that all he has to do to disconnect his sway bars (which he forgot to do) is press a button in the cab and that is because its a rubicon with the electronic sway bar. All other model jeeps (Sahara, Sport, Freedom Edition, Willys Wheeler etc..) do not come with this and you will have to manually unbolt the sway bar links to be disconnected. Getting quick disconnects removes the need to unbolt anything but instead all you need to do is remove a pin and whack the sway bar links off the axle mounts.

Below are the stock sway bar links which as you can see have bolts you would have to undo to disconnect.

2-Terflex-Jeep-JK-3-14-13.jpg

These are quick disconnets. As you can see there is a bolt on one side and a pin on the other. (Makes life alot easier and are defiently a wise investment)

main.php

Ahh I see he can get a whole lot more flex with it disconnected, thanks for the help looks like I'll be looking to purchase a pair now 😁

Dyerjk

Just my experience but.
I had Tera Flex and my tires rubbed at full stuff and turn on the retaining bracket. I switched to JKS and have been very happy. Both great products, but my 2.5 lift and 35's made the TF discos rub.
There may be others that work, but that's my $.02.

JakeJK

Just my experience but.
I had Tera Flex and my tires rubbed at full stuff and turn on the retaining bracket. I switched to JKS and have been very happy. Both great products, but my 2.5 lift and 35's made the TF discos rub.
There may be others that work, but that's my $.02.

I'm going to be running a 2.5 RK I might get JKS quick discos JKS seems to have good products

CREEPR

I run Currie antirocks front and rear. Don't have to worry about disconnecting. I had jks prior to this. The only thing better than not having to use a wrench and socket is not even having to get out of the jeep except to air down.

OscarMike2.0

I run Currie antirocks front and rear. Don't have to worry about disconnecting. I had jks prior to this. The only thing better than not having to use a wrench and socket is not even having to get out of the jeep except to air down.

I ran the currie antirock and HATED it!! It squeaked like crazy on the trails and it was like constantly riding without sway bars on the street.

Last edited:

JakeJK

Jks is the best!

I ordered a RK 2.5 stock mod lift and they offered to send me a JKS front adjustable track bar instead of RK because they were out of stock but I said no because I didn't know they were better at the time ;(

JakeJK

Before you purchase make sure your lift doesn't come with them already. Im pretty sure most RK kits come with quick disconnects.

True! Can you help me figure out if I have them I might already I bought the kit from northridge, it's the kit with bilstein shocks. I saw some away bar connects in the photo I just don't know if they are the quick disconnects

OscarMike2.0

True! Can you help me figure out if I have them I might already I bought the kit from northridge, it's the kit with bilstein shocks. I saw some away bar connects in the photo I just don't know if they are the quick disconnects

Post up a link to the kit you got.

JChamblee

I run the Steinjager quick disconnects up front. They've held up pretty well considering I'm on the gulf coast and at the beach all the time and are pretty easy to disconnect. My rear swaybar hasn't been connected in almost a year. The ride on the road to me feels softer, corners need to be taken a little slower but after getting used to it I don't think I'll ever go back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I was running discos I took the rear swaybar off completely. It was great for daily driving. Takes a little getting use to.

You'll forgive me but this is terrible advice! It takes a little getting used to because running without a sway bar is DANGEROUS especially when a fast quick maneuver is needed.

There is absolutely NO benefit gained from removing a rear sway bar and I can assure you that leaving it on will NOT limit the amount of flex you have.

What was better about it?

Please DO NOT listen to that guy as he is providing BAD advice.

Top Bottom