Looking for a trail that would be a step below the Dusy Ershim

mo0s3

I want to set something up for my Family for a few days and would like something close to Dusy. I have a roof top tent and really want to get my boys out there :)
Thanks for the help !

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I want to set something up for my Family for a few days and would like something close to Dusy. I have a roof top tent and really want to get my boys out there :)
Thanks for the help !

Having never run the Dusy, I would recommend heading up to the Rubicon and running that. Great places to camp and plenty of beautiful scenery as well. I see you're in Riverside, have you taken the family up to Big Bear and run John Bull, Dishpan and Gold Mountain?

mo0s3

So Cal

I have ran Dishpan, 2N17X, Holcomb creek, Cleghorn, I was thinking of just hitting a lake and hanging with Family and friends :)
I have 2" lift with 35" Toyo Open Country M/T
but if i leave the Roof top tent on I will have to do a little easier trail, Holcomb was rough with the extra weight.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
All the trails in and around the Dusy are difficult. Brewer Lake is the only one considered a "moderate" trail, mostly easy with one "rock pile" towards the end that gives it a moderate rating. If you're running 35's it shouldn't be an issue.

Mtb275

If you want to stay in the area of Dusy, there is a bunch to go run. Difficulty wise the Rubicon is a step down from Dusy, but a lot longer drive for you.

In the Shaver lake area you have options:
Bald Mountain
Bear Diversion
Brewer
Coyote Lake
Dusy
Hopper
Mirrior
Onion
Red Lake
Spanish
Strawberry