Front ProRock 60 / EVO Hi Steer - steering wheel re-center

mackey

So I need to re enter my steering wheel. I have a front Pro Rock 60 with the EVO hi steer. Before I start loosening stuff I want to just make sure I'm doing it correctly. The EVO hi steer is obviously totally different than the stock set up. So do I just loosen both ends of the drag link (middle slightly angled bar in below pic) and turn it just like the stock set up? Thanks for the help. I did read Eddie's write up for re centering the steering wheel on a stock set up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437408192.302350.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before you do anything, double check to see your toe-in is still set correctly. It is possible that your tie-rod jam nuts got loose on the trail and allowed it to spin just enough to throw off your steering. The lower of the two bars is your tie-rod and it'll be helpful to have a open end wrench of that size to loosen/tighten the jam nuts. If memory serves me right, they should be 1" or 1-1/8". You also need to know that one of the jam nuts will be a left hand nut and it should be marked with ticks in it. On this nut - lefty is not loosey but tighty. If everything checks out, you'll need to adjust your drag link which is the bar above it. Same thing applies to it.

mackey

Before you do anything, double check to see your toe-in is still set correctly. It is possible that your tie-rod jam nuts got loose on the trail and allowed it to spin just enough to throw off your steering. The lower of the two bars is your tie-rod and it'll be helpful to have a open end wrench of that size to loosen/tighten the jam nuts. If memory serves me right, they should be 1" or 1-1/8". You also need to know that one of the jam nuts will be a left hand nut and it should be marked with ticks in it. On this nut - lefty is not loosey but tighty. If everything checks out, you'll need to adjust your drag link which is the bar above it. Same thing applies to it.

Awesome. Thank you. The steering wheel is just slightly off. It was off when i originally picked my jeep up before the Rubicon. My OCD wants it perfectly straight. I will definitely check the toe-in though. Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. Thank you. The steering wheel is just slightly off. It was off when i originally picked my jeep up before the Rubicon. My OCD wants it perfectly straight. I will definitely check the toe-in though. Thank you.

LOL!! Totally understand the OCD thing. :D

Definitely want to start with the toe as you can easily recenter your steering with your drag link and still have your toe be off.

Top Bottom