What Harnesses are you Running?

Grubbicon

The title says it all. Im seriously considering putting harnesses in my Jeep and not sure what companies I should look at. If I do it I plan to put the Rock Hard harness bar in. Id also like to know how you have your lap belts bolted in. Lastly I would like to hear if your running 4 or 5 point harnesses. I think 4 would do its job in the Jeep but id like to hear everyones opinion.

Peak

I was running 5 point mastercraft harness with baja RS seats in my Cj7 I hated the the 5th portion on my crotch lol it was too tight and uncomfortable for me. Switched to PRP 4 point harnesses and I liked those a lot better. More comfortable with basically the same amount of safety. I plan on running those in my JK.

Grubbicon

A tiny bit off topic, have you ever flopped your rig?

Its been on its side once. It didnt go all the way over because a bank caught me. Im not necessarily doing it because I feel im gonna flip it but I want them just as a piece of mine and how they just hold you more in place while offroad.

Spudcannons

Its been on its side once. It didnt go all the way over because a bank caught me. Im not necessarily doing it because I feel im gonna flip it but I want them just as a piece of mine and how they just hold you more in place while offroad.

Unfortunate, any damage?

Grubbicon

Unfortunate, any damage?

Nope the steel flare took it all. The paint was a little chipped in the rear corner. I got the corners on it know so you would never tell the difference. It landed in a bank that was soft dirt so it didnt have anything hard to hit it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437421168.248356.jpg
It happened right after this picture was taken. As you can see the driver rear tire is barely on that bank. It slipped off in that hole and it went over. Of course no one gets a picture when there really needs one.

Grubbicon

I was running 5 point mastercraft harness with baja RS seats in my Cj7 I hated the the 5th portion on my crotch lol it was too tight and uncomfortable for me. Switched to PRP 4 point harnesses and I liked those a lot better. More comfortable with basically the same amount of safety. I plan on running those in my JK.

I hear ya on the 5 point being annoying. I havent been in anything with the 5th point in a long time. My friend used to have 5 points in his buggy and i remember it wasnt the most comfortable thing ever.

EDIT: I looked at these RPR harnesses http://prpseats.com/product/5-3-harness/. They seem priced pretty well. Would you suggest the 3" or more like 2" widths?

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I only have expierence with Schroth harness from my cars, and agree a 5/6 point is annoying but at least I know my man parts are protected and not going anywhere lol.

SFNick

The title says it all. Im seriously considering putting harnesses in my Jeep and not sure what companies I should look at. If I do it I plan to put the Rock Hard harness bar in. Id also like to know how you have your lap belts bolted in. Lastly I would like to hear if your running 4 or 5 point harnesses. I think 4 would do its job in the Jeep but id like to hear everyones opinion.

I've used both Mastercraft 2" & ProArmor 3" four point harnesses. I like the Pro armor harnesses better, the padding on the Pro Armor makes you sweat on hot days but I think they are more comfortable. I used some flat stock to bolt mine to the floor.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421196583.054822.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421196620.473602.jpg

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I only have expierence with Schroth harness from my cars, and agree a 5/6 point is annoying but at least I know my man parts are protected and not going anywhere lol.

That's kind of my thought too. I've gotten used to it from racecars. Also, if you're just riding around you wouldn't necessarily have to use the crotch strap.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That's kind of my thought too. I've gotten used to it from racecars. Also, if you're just riding around you wouldn't necessarily have to use the crotch strap.

Sadly the harness I have currently in my bmw uses the 6 point part, so If I want to wear it it has to all be connected yet I tend to run just the nut and lap belts the most.

Peak

I hear ya on the 5 point being annoying. I havent been in anything with the 5th point in a long time. My friend used to have 5 points in his buggy and i remember it wasnt the most comfortable thing ever.

EDIT: I looked at these RPR harnesses http://prpseats.com/product/5-3-harness/. They seem priced pretty well. Would you suggest the 3" or more like 2" widths?

I only have experience with the 2", and they were the perfect width for me. Not to sure about the 3".

BigPrince

Couldn't be happier with the Crow Enterprizes harnesses in my Jeep. Called them up and they added length to fit the stock seat mount locations and my larger frame better. Also had them built and to me in less than a week so I could get them before heading to Moab. Running 3" 5point with their pro kamlock, pads, sternum velcro. I am using the Synergy B Harness pillar bar (similiar location to the RockHard bar) and the Synergy mounts for the lap bolts as well as the sub bolt.

Took a minute to figure out how to get the kamlock hooked in quickly but after a week in Moab I really really like it. Did very well. And I can still run the normal seatbelts on the road.

I would absolutely recommend the adjustable sub belt. On mine it keeps the harness down at the right height so it doesn't ride up. Not uncomfortable at all.

Top Bottom