Rear Fixed Lower Control Arms

Rear Fixed Lower Control Arms vs Adjustable

I just installed a Rubicon Express 3.5 lift on my JKUR. I purchased and installed adjustable upper control arms to avoid using the Cam Bolts. After running some tails this weekend I realized my driverside rear coil is rubbing my rear track bar bracket. On flat ground I could put no more than a business card in between the bolt and coil. From reading lots of info on the web (so it has to be true) I've came to the conclusion I need to replace my lower control arm (longer than stock). If I read all the post correctly that should recenter my rear axle under the wheel wells and provide more space between the bracket and the bolt of the track bar.

I do not plan on lifting my jeep any higher and only plan on running 35" tires. With this set up would you recommend getting a fixed lower control arm? Or would you see any benefit to getting an adjustable one? I assume the fixed ones from RE that come with the 3.5 SuperFlex would already be set at the correct length for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!!!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So that I'm reading this right, are you saying that you installed front AND rear adjustable upper control arms? If so, did you install a new rear aftermarket drive shaft as well? If NOT, just let your pinion back down and your coil should stop rubbing your track bar. There is no need to set your pinion IF you're still running the factory rear drive shaft. Aftermarket fixed length lower arms are typically factory length so NOTHING would change for you AND you would be out money that you could use somewhere else.

So that I'm reading this right, are you saying that you installed front AND rear adjustable upper control arms? If so, did you install a new rear aftermarket drive shaft as well? If NOT, just let your pinion back down and your coil should stop rubbing your track bar. There is no need to set your pinion IF you're still running the factory rear drive shaft. Aftermarket fixed length lower arms are typically factory length so NOTHING would change for you AND you would be out money that you could use somewhere else.

Thanks you so much, that was the info I was needing. I still have the factory drive shafts. As you said I was worried that the aftermarket arm would be the same length.

Top Bottom