Charging system

metalic

07 jku the battery light came on and I checked the battery connections. I had the alternator rebuilt 2 years ago. I have a volt meter that goes in the cigarette lighter and it fluctuates from 12.8-13.5 mostly with the occasional high 13 or low 14. During the all day trail ride and a 3.5 hr. Drive home Sunday. I took my alternator in today and they said it tests fine. I cleaned all my battery connection, grounds to chassis , pcm ground was a lil loose but cleaned it and tightened. I then tried running jumper cables from the battery to alternator, chassis and pcm ground with no luck. Would it be my PCM ? My superchips shows no dtc codes.

metalic

I just went out and started the jeep after charging the battery. Was showing 13.3 when I turned my headlights on it dropped to 12.7-12.8

metalic

2 years ago. It tested fine and a friend just put an optima in his 14 so I tried his stock battery and still no fix. We have a 2011 also and thinking about switching alternators and see what I get. They look identical but when I check part # on part store websites they're different
My 07 shows 160 amp and her 11 shows 140. I know that dont matter but not sure if there's any other difference.

Top Bottom