Reciever hitch options

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
hello to all Wayalifers I am in need of some options to buy a trailer receiver hitch for my 2 door 2015 JK, any advice would be much appreciated as I am in a bit of a hurry to get one.

I have looked at a few at quadratec, versa hitch and drawtite and can't decide on what would be best bang for buck

Thanks in advance for your inputs 😀

Jiffy05

If I were to get one I would go with the rugged ridge hitch. I'm not sure if you are looking to keep a rear bumper though.

Scrambler

I bought the quadratec model with the wiring harness included. 4 bolts to put the hitch on and 2 screws to take out the driver's side tail light to hook up the wiring harness. It took all of 15 minutes to install. I think you would be fine with whatever brand you choose.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any reason not to get a factory one? I'd be willing you could even find one used for cheap. :idontknow:

Scrambler

I remember now why I got the quadratec model. The nuts that go on the bolts for installation are welded to the hitch. Crown also has the same design. Rugged ridge does not. Makes the install a bit easier.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
If I were to get one I would go with the rugged ridge hitch. I'm not sure if you are looking to keep a rear bumper though.

For now I intend on keeping the rear bumper but thank you for your input
It's always good to get others opinions that have used or running the product your looking

I bought the quadratec model with the wiring harness included. 4 bolts to put the hitch on and 2 screws to take out the driver's side tail light to hook up the wiring harness. It took all of 15 minutes to install. I think you would be fine with whatever brand you choose.

I remember now why I got the quadratec model. The nuts that go on the bolts for installation are welded to the hitch. Crown also has the same design. Rugged ridge does not. Makes the install a bit easier.

I definitely noticed how there is very little design difference between brands crown and quadratec do look the same.
Thank you for your input

Peak

I just installed the Rugged Ridge hitch a few weeks ago and towed about 700miles with it with no problems at all. I was looking for a used hitch but I couldn't find any with wiring harness so I went with rugged ridge.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well yall I am pressed for time I have to have this thing by Saturday I looked for the crown trailer hitches and found it but can't find an online site to order the dawg on thing

So I found that I can go to a local o-reilly auto store and they have the Weston hitch I'm gonna check it out

Just wanted to say thank you too all of the quick inputs and advice. :thumb:

Last edited:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So after seeing how much the weston was and only just for the hitch I found one on 4wheeldrive.com that came with lock pin, factory style hitch, ball, ball mount piece and wiring kit for trailer lights for 80.00 so I did that plus UPS 2nd day air and totaled 131.90. But hey thats better than 165 just for the hitch :eek:

I'm gonna try it out and see how it goes the hitch is class 3 so I figured why not.

To everybody who posted there inputs and advice thank you for responding so quickly to my situation at hand. :thumb:

I'll find out how well I did :crazyeyes::shock:

You might call me crazy, but the whole reason behind all of this was because my long time friend is finally getting married and his bachelor party is this saturday and I needed a hitch to haul my fourwheeler haha

JakeJK

hello to all Wayalifers I am in need of some options to buy a trailer receiver hitch for my 2 door 2015 JK, any advice would be much appreciated as I am in a bit of a hurry to get one.

I have looked at a few at quadratec, versa hitch and drawtite and can't decide on what would be best bang for buck

Thanks in advance for your inputs 😀

Are hitch receivers a rarity on jeeps? My sport came with one

Top Bottom