More power!!!

Rodeo_jk

Any tuners or other bolt ons that will give my jeep a little more umph? I know most power comes from gearing and whatnot but i dont have enough money for something like that, so: are any of the tuners out there worth the money? Do they make the jeep have any noticeable performance gains? And i know most intakes are pretty much worthless but do any of them do anything? Ive got a 2014 sport 6 speed. Im mainly just looking for something to help me out on the highway, its not bad but id just like it to be able to hold cruise at 70 going up hills on the highway without constantly shifting. Is there anything that will work for me in that area?

KJ_CJtoJK

It seems unrealistic, if you are expecting to stay in 6th gear in the hills. 6th is an overdrive gear which is meant for economy at high speed in mild terrains.

Mtbhjm

I have a JKUR with the 3.8 and an automatic. I added a banks power CAI, Flashpaq, and throttle body spacer and cruise control still has to shift all the time to maintain speed. I do get pretty good fuel economy and it's probably quicker than stock but I had it installed before pickup so I couldn't tell you of there is a difference. It usually drops 5mph or so on the highway before dropping a gear or 2 and accelerating back up to speed which is annoying to me and probably even more annoying to those behind me so I tend to go without cruise control unless it is pancake flat. I don't know if that answers your question but hopefully it helps some.

Rodeo_jk

Its a manual Trans. And im not talking about big huge hills, it just feels like it shouldnt slow down so much, is there anything that will give a little more low end grunt aside from gears?

jeeeep

Hooked
Its a manual Trans. And im not talking about big huge hills, it just feels like it shouldnt slow down so much, is there anything that will give a little more low end grunt aside from gears?

it's a brick on wheels, it's made for off-road not cruising (well not sedan cruising). you basically have 2 options if you have larger tires - 1. re-gear or 2. put the stock tire size back on, street tire not mud tire because street treads weigh less.

T&ERun

LOSER

No there is not. For a little V6 trying to pull a 4500lb+ vehicle it's going to need rpms to pull up a hill. Put a roots style supercharger on there and then you'll pull the hills with overdrive.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have a JKUR with the 3.8 and an automatic. I added a banks power CAI, Flashpaq, and throttle body spacer and cruise control still has to shift all the time to maintain speed. I do get pretty good fuel economy and it's probably quicker than stock...

Any idea what kind of MPG you're getting? I'm looking at this setup now. Realistically, the power gain is probably negligible, but if I can eek out 1 more MPG & have a tiny bit more fun this'll pay for itself.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any tuners or other bolt ons that will give my jeep a little more umph? I know most power comes from gearing and whatnot but i dont have enough money for something like that, so: are any of the tuners out there worth the money? Do they make the jeep have any noticeable performance gains? And i know most intakes are pretty much worthless but do any of them do anything? Ive got a 2014 sport 6 speed. Im mainly just looking for something to help me out on the highway, its not bad but id just like it to be able to hold cruise at 70 going up hills on the highway without constantly shifting. Is there anything that will work for me in that area?

Safe to assume you're running 3.21 gears? What size tires are you running with them? Nothing short of a higher gear ratio or shifting into a lower gear will make a real difference.

rob_p

I don't believe you're supposed to use 6th isn't it just for show?

3.8 JKUR with 35's - One day I hope to use 6th gear again!

Rodeo_jk

Safe to assume you're running 3.21 gears? What size tires are you running with them? Nothing short of a higher gear ratio or shifting into a lower gear will make a real difference.

Yup, 3.21 gears and 32 inch bfg mts. Its a 2dr soft top so its pretty light

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, 3.21 gears and 32 inch bfg mts. Its a 2dr soft top so its pretty light

The 3.21's were really made for a set of stock 28" tires. You really need to be running 3.73's with your 32's to make it feel right but, I wouldn't bother rehearing until you upgrade your tires to where you want them to be. At that time, I would recommend running the ratio needed for them.

Rodeo_jk

I have no intention of going bigger than a 33 as i dont really have a need to, its my daily driver and its already capable of going everywhere im willing to take it

Rodeo_jk

Im thinking i may try a sprint booster, it seems like most of what im feeling is a spongy pedal from throttle lag. Does anyone know if the sb will effect cruise control?

croge17

dont do a sprint booster...

if thats all you want just hit the gas harder everywhere you go.

3.21 gears are bad stock... bigger tire and your hosed.

Top Bottom