2013 Transmission NAG1

Drunic

I found guides on how to change the fluid and filter on other NAG-1 transmissions, but the jeep jk has that pesky exhaust in the way! I finally changed it by just skimming as much fluid out with my hand and sliding a new filter in, reused the gasket since it was in good shape. Has anyone changed theirs, how did you get the pan past the exhaust? The Torx-30 bolts in the back were another problem, I ended up buying a T30 screw driver and bending it to slide in. I'm helping my friend do his after he hits 60k and was wondering if there is a better and easier way.

OJK12

I just cut the end off a 17mm Allen head socket and use a 17mm gear wrench to get the drain bolt out. Works pretty well.

OJK12

I haven't changed my auto tranny fluid yet. My last jk was a stick and it didn't have a filter to worry about.

BumpStick

I removed the y-pipe/crossover pipe on my 2012 as well as the transmission crossmember. The t-case I had supported by a jack. After easily training l taking the pan off and doing the filter I took this time to install an aftermarket y-pipe. Personally I am partial to Magnaflow so I went with the it's too match the rest of the exhaust.

My near future plans for my JK is to change from my short arms to RK long and which will require removal of the drives side exhaust loop (UCA/mount clearance) and exhaust spacers (drive shaft clearance). So I took care of all that at this point with the Magnaflow y-pipe than note goes across behind the crossmember.

Top Bottom