EVO bolt on with 2.5" shocks

filterbiz

So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a coil over kit, haven't decided which yet.

can you run 2.5" coil overs with their kit? I want 2.5 because I have a 4 month old and if we are not crawling we are in glamis. Not duning just meeting at the hill, or duners diner etc. so there is a lot of heat build up in the shocks.
also can you get them set up for more up travel? seems like they are very limited, less shock shaft showing at ride height.

thanks for the advice

jeeper52

LOSER
So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a coil over kit, haven't decided which yet.

can you run 2.5" coil overs with their kit? I want 2.5 because I have a 4 month old and if we are not crawling we are in glamis. Not duning just meeting at the hill, or duners diner etc. so there is a lot of heat build up in the shocks.
also can you get them set up for more up travel? seems like they are very limited, less shock shaft showing at ride height.

thanks for the advice

If you have the money go with the Genright elite. It has 2.5 kings!

jeeper52

LOSER
I cant remember exactly which forum it was but i saw a couple guys had the kit and they loved it. My Brother is having it installed on his jeep so i will be able so see it in action soon.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nah i dont but based on seeing it in person it looks like a sweet kit. I would have went that route but i wasn't comfortable with doing the install myself.

Wait aren't you installing a dtd by yourself? But you're not comfortable installing the genright kit?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nah i dont but based on seeing it in person it looks like a sweet kit. I would have went that route but i wasn't comfortable with doing the install myself.

Guess I'm sold! I mean, if you've seen it in person and it "looked like a sweet kit", it clearly must perform well :crazyeyes:

I cant remember exactly which forum it was but i saw a couple guys had the kit and they loved it.

You mean to tell me some guys on another forum just spent a boat load of money on a lift kit and praised the hell out of it. Say it isn't so! :shock:

My Brother is having it installed on his jeep so i will be able so see it in action soon.

Cool. Being that you're doing a DTD, it'd be interesting to see a side by side comparison of the two kits.

jeeper52

LOSER
Guess I'm sold! I mean, if you've seen it in person and it "looked like a sweet kit", it clearly must perform well :crazyeyes:

You mean to tell me some guys on another forum just spent a boat load of money on a lift kit and praised the hell out of it. Say it isn't so! :shock:

Cool. Being that you're doing a DTD, it'd be interesting to see a side by side comparison of the two kits.

Hey just saying it looks like a very nice well put together kit. Dtd vs genright there's not much difference in price for the kits. I think the Evo dtd and genright elite are the two best options out there but thats just me. The Op was curious about lifts with 2.5 kings and i knew the genright came with those thats why i mentioned it.

jeeper52

LOSER
Wait aren't you installing a dtd by yourself? But you're not comfortable installing the genright kit?

Yep i just got the shocks 2 weeks ago so it should be sitting back on the ground soon. The genright requires you to cut the frame in several spots and being i dont have a lift i just wasn't up to that big of a job.

OscarMike2.0

Yep i just got the shocks 2 weeks ago so it should be sitting back on the ground soon. The genright requires you to cut the frame in several spots and being i dont have a lift i just wasn't up to that big of a job.

To add to that I believe the genright kit requires you to switch to there gas tank. Something I would never feel comfortable messing with.

Top Bottom