water ingestion 2015 Jk

nightfirem10

Hey guys,
I have now seen a couple jks go down with water/mud ingestion into the engine. They were not deep in water at all, less than 20 inches, when they died we pulled the air box and filter to find them totally dry. The water is getting into the engine somewhere else. Can anyone enlighten me on whats happening? I am getting concerned that the issue is with the 3.6 because the 3.8s went through the same hole and had no issues....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,
I have now seen a couple jks go down with water/mud ingestion into the engine. They were not deep in water at all, less than 20 inches, when they died we pulled the air box and filter to find them totally dry. The water is getting into the engine somewhere else. Can anyone enlighten me on whats happening? I am getting concerned that the issue is with the 3.6 because the 3.8s went through the same hole and had no issues....

The only way that's gonna happen is if someone plows into the water with speed splashing the hell out of it. Conversely, I have seen JK's ford 3 feet of water without issue because the owners knew what they were doing. Water can only be ingested through the throttle body, which gets fed by the intake.

P1TBU11

The only way that's gonna happen is if someone plows into the water with speed splashing the hell out of it. Conversely, I have seen JK's ford 3 feet of water without issue because the owners knew what they were doing. Water can only be ingested through the throttle body, which gets fed by the intake.

Besides not speed splashing, what other tactics do those in the know use?

Top Bottom