LS Conversion topic

LSX-Jeep

Hello everyone I'm new here and also new to the jeep world. My wife and I just bought a 2008 jku 4x2:(. I know what your thinking, why a 4x2? We were going to get a 2015 jkur but knowing that we were going to replace axles, transfer case, engine and trans it would be a waste of money. As of now the plans are to convert to a LS power plant. Here's is what I have now.
-LS3 complete with computer, pulleys, fuel rails, and harness out of a 2013 SS Camaro
-6L80 out 4x4 Silverado
-D1SC supercharger system from my 12 2500HD Silverado.
Plans for near future
- conversion kit but not sure with which kit to go with? Other Motech or Novack. Any input would be great.
- long tube headers= looking for a vendor who who sells them for this kit or if you all know if headers from a Ctsv, Camaro or G8 would work?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437837519.770661.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437837595.135939.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! Did you start this thread to ask questions about an LS swap or is this more of a build thread? If it's the later, please let me know and I will move this to the Jeep Builds sub-forum. Either way, I look forward to seeing the finished product :thumb:

LSX-Jeep

Not sure if I'm going to use this supercharger system though due to clearance. Do any of you all who have done this conversion know if the truck version of this supercharged system would work?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437838536.803230.jpg

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Awesome! :thumb: It's only a 7 hour drive one way :eek: from me to you, but if you are doing this yourself I'd love to help! I don't have any experience with this type of swap, but it would be fun to learn while trying to stay out of the way. :yup: Sorry for the brief hijack...

LSX-Jeep

It's okay bud no worries:). You wouldn't be in the way I'm learning as I go as well. Here's a pic of another project I'm working on as well:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437863740.902665.jpg

USMC Wrangler

:thumb: Let me know when you start and hopefully I can get my schedule worked out so I can drop in to spin some wrenches! :yup:

Hot94Z28

I love Procharger's, but if you plan on wheeling your Jeep I would be concern about heat soak. I think it would be fun on the highway though. But off-road I think superchargers would be hurting you more than helping you. Good luck with the build and I would like to see the finish product I bet it will be nice!

LSX-Jeep

10/4 brother will do. I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row. Measure twice and cut once... As for the procharger system do you all think it will fit? I know the intercooler won't but that's an easy fix.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Does anybody known someone who has put on or know if the charger will clear?

I haven't personally put an LS in mine but have a few friends that have. Looking at the picture that pro charger may fit but you'd have to do some creative relocation of the components in the front driver side corner of the jeep to fit it. Any of the v8 conversions I've seen done on hemi or ls in a jk all used the roots style blower that replaces factory intake on top of engine vs the centrifugal type. Probably be better off selling what you have and getting a roots style if you want to do it. The root style characteristics are def better for off roading then the centrifugal ones.

LSX-Jeep

10/4. I'd like to use the one I took of my CTS-V but I'm afraid it's to small for my stroker. I'll probably sell both blowers and get a Whipple or a Maggie.

LSX-Jeep

PR60/80s as of now. Although I might go the junk yard rout because I can get both 1 ton 60s axles for $800. I know there's much more involved, I've already been talking to a shop here in SA Tx called Bikini OffRoad.

Last edited:

LSX-Jeep

Do you all have a link with a roots type blower on a LS? I've been looking for vids. I've talked to Robbie from Motech, great guy by the way and he told me he could square me away when the time comes...

Top Bottom