Winch Covers

Numbnuts

Live in the often wet PNW. I just picked up a new neoprene winch cover to protect synthetic line and winch. Now I'm reading that covers can cause mold.
wtf

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Live in the often wet PNW. I just picked up a new neoprene winch cover to protect synthetic line and winch. Now I'm reading that covers can cause mold.
wtf

It's good to keep the sun and some of the elements off the line. After a good rain tho or going thru deep water holes I would suggest leaving it off so it can sit out and dry properly.

David1tontj

wtf

I just make sure to dry out the line before covering it back up. Haven't had a problem. That said- my jeep is garaged and not daily driven..... Hmmm

JCDriller

I picked up about 25 feed of 1" tubular nylon and worked it onto my Warn spydura 3/8" line, took some time as it was pretty tight and I had to undo/redo the factory end loop. When wrapped in the drum it covers the outside most layer to keep the sun and dirt off the line, it also acts as a chaff guard.

quertyman

Just ordered a rope cover for the zeon to cover the synthetic rope on my winch. Good to keep it out of the sun in phoenix.

Top Bottom