2007 JKU instrument cluster electrical issue??

mtfireems19

I have a 2007 JKU rubicon. I went down some jeep trails over the weekend and had no complications on some pretty rough trails but as soon as I get back onto the highway my dash will light up with all my warning lights and I loose my speedometer and Rpms for a split second and it powers right back up. I don't loose any power or my radio or cb through my cig lighter it was just my instrument cluster. It will sporadically do it and it's only for a split second then it comes right back..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check your battery cable connections. A loose one will cause this to occur. Bouncing around on a trail can cause one to come loose.

dillard09

I had the same thing happen on my 08. Dash flicker and lose power and then all the sudden come back. Mine was a loose negative on the battery. Tighten and no more problems. But did scare the shit out of me cruising at 65!

curtiso504

I was having the same problem with my 2015 JKUR. A little search and this thread helped me. Must have been a loose ground on mine also. Problem is gone.

TMO84

LOSER
This sounds dumb but I've had similar electrical gremlins. I've re tightened battery terminals to no avail. Where do I go (trace) from there?

Top Bottom