LED wiring issue

Lando

Hi guys,

I decided to buy a pair of the 2x3 cubes from Amazon the other day because it was $17 and it seemed like a steal. I had no idea that it was going to be a massive pain to install these simple lights.

Heres my issue, I bought wiring harness from Autozone and installed to the directions that were given to me, but I still am getting no power to the lights and therefore they won't turn on.

I was wondering if you guys could steer me in the right direction as to what wiring harness I should buy instead of the shitty autozone one or if I just can't wire. If anyone has a diagram for a pair of AuxBeam headlights that would be great.

Thanks guys!

NV375

Hi guys,

I decided to buy a pair of the 2x3 cubes from Amazon the other day because it was $17 and it seemed like a steal. I had no idea that it was going to be a massive pain to install these simple lights.

Heres my issue, I bought wiring harness from Autozone and installed to the directions that were given to me, but I still am getting no power to the lights and therefore they won't turn on.

I was wondering if you guys could steer me in the right direction as to what wiring harness I should buy instead of the shitty autozone one or if I just can't wire. If anyone has a diagram for a pair of AuxBeam headlights that would be great.

Thanks guys!

I don't know the lights you have but with LEDs it could be as simple as reverse polarity. What color are the wires on the lights? Did your harnesses come with fuses? Do you have a circuit tester? Did you test the lights before you connected them to the harness?

Lando

I don't know the lights you have but with LEDs it could be as simple as reverse polarity. What color are the wires on the lights? Did your harnesses come with fuses? Do you have a circuit tester? Did you test the lights before you connected them to the harness?

I have black(negative) and red(positive) on the lights. It did come with one fuse. I don't have a circuit tester or know a way to test them before connecting them to the harness.

JChamblee

Before connecting any Amazon lights always test them with a 9v battery. This not only shows if it does or doesn't work but also if whatever Chinese factory manufactured them got their wire colors right... Not bashing on Amazon lights, I have 2x3s on my windshield that I bought in a 4 pack. 3 of the 4 worked.

NV375

I have black(negative) and red(positive) on the lights. It did come with one fuse. I don't have a circuit tester or know a way to test them before connecting them to the harness.

Red and black should be straight forward. Some lights come with other colors is why I asked. A simple circuit tester and/or multi meter would be a good addition to your tool kit. With these simple tools you could make sure you have power at different places in the circuit. A poor ground could also cause problems.

Top Bottom