2007 jk ECM/PCM question

metalic

My jeep go3s in tomorrow for a TSB updating computer to hopefully fix my battery light. I have returned it to stock from my superchips. I have bigger tires and 5:13 gears. Will I have any problems driving it that way? I've heard newer ones will go into limp mode but what about 07?

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
My jeep go3s in tomorrow for a TSB updating computer to hopefully fix my battery light. I have returned it to stock from my superchips. I have bigger tires and 5:13 gears. Will I have any problems driving it that way? I've heard newer ones will go into limp mode but what about 07?

Thanks

it will go into limp mode, set your tires and gear correctly and take your tuner with you to the dealer. You can return it to stock at the dealer but usually their flash does not affect gear/tire size. If it does, you won't be able to put other tunes on it but the tuner vendor should be able to help you out with it.

Have you tried removing the battery cable for at least 20 minutes to reset the ECU? that will usually clear issues like you described unless the TSB is specific for your issue.

I'd still try disconnecting your battery, if it works no need to go to the dealer.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just revert it with the programmer in the parking lot once you get there, rather than at home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks

On an 07, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. Unlike a 2012-up, you can even disconnect one of your speed sensors and it won't go into limp mode.

Top Bottom