LS swap and problems

tsweet

Hey there everyone. I have searched (from my phone) and can't seem to find really anything. But I went to the shop to check on my jeep and they say it is basically ready to go, however, when it is fired up the wipers make 2 passes and the gear indicator has boxes around all the gears. I have done a motech swap and the shop has gone through all the wiring again and can't seem to find the cause of the problem. Again this does not happen at every start-up. But it does it on the majority of them. Has anyone else had a similar problem after they have done the swap? Robbie from motech says it can not be in his "box" but I don't know what else it could be. Also he told the shop he changes the "box" after I recorded mine, so maybe there is a problem. Any suggestions? The shop is thinking it is the TIPM Fuse box on the jeep side. But before I spend $600 on a new one that will be forever tied to my VIN I want to ask for input. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

tsweet

I thought I should maybe add some photos of the progress 👍🏻

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438047340.040309.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438047364.767599.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438047418.618388.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438047434.482104.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438047447.045167.jpg (old/short sway bar links have since been swapped out)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438047482.655932.jpg

tsweet

Hope you get it sorted!! Jeep looks killer.

Thanks man. It has been in the shop since May 19. It has been killing me. I had to miss my last trip on July 19 because of the wiring issues. Mechanically it is done for the most part. Still have to go on some shake downs. It can't come home soon enough.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have nothing to contribute with the wiring, but the jeep looks badass. Love these kind of builds.

Top Bottom