Wiring Rigid Dually D2's as fog lights issue...

sjd78

I utilized the provided rigid harness which includes a relay. I wired the blue wire from the harness that would normally go to their switch and spliced it to the white with orange stripe wire from the factory fog light wiring. I then spliced both black ground wires and didn't use the red wire that would normally illuminate the switch. Splices were soldered and heat shrink tubed. Mounted the relay near the battery and connected the rigid harness to the positive and negative terminals on the battery. They turn on however when driving they cut on and off. I double checked that everything was tight and secure and the problem cannot be duplicated by wiggling the wires anywhere along the harness etc.
I called Rigid and they advised I purchase and install "warning cancellers" which appear to be anti flicker modules just before each light. Has anyone else had to do this when running the led lights through a relay? If I have to use the warning cancellers could I just ditch the rigid harness all together and power the d2's right from the factory wiring? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Sean...

Top Bottom