3.6 lt quick upgrades

Scout19D-2009

Hey everyone I just bought a 2015 wrangler Sahara unlimited and I'm asking around what are the best quick engine upgrades

Spudcannons

Welcome to Wayalife! Drop by the give us a wave section!

I too wouldnt mind knowing of some engine mods that actually helped power.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd say do regular oil changes and leave it as stock as possible after hearing about some of the problems others have had with the 3.6. Remember its a Jeep not a KOH car. If you're wanting to go fast do a Hemi or LS swap..;)

LeighP

Pretty much aren't any......cheap, easy mods that is.
The airbox/intake is actually efficient on the 3.6, nothing to be gained from aftermarket "cold air intakes" other than ingesting water.
You can't add headers, the exhaust section that would be headers on other vehicles are cast integral into the heads.
Exhaust companies will claim some top end increase in power for a cat back system, but I doubt you'll feel any difference driving around normally, except it'll be noisier....if you like that.
Fact is, I've come to the conclusion that leaving the engine stock is the way to go.

chipper

You can try the Superchips Flashpaq. It has different engine tunes. I keep mine at the 87, it does feel better than stock.

CREEPR

You can try the Superchips Flashpaq. It has different engine tunes. I keep mine at the 87, it does feel better than stock.

Did you plan this?
Look at post and sponsored ad...

Attachments

• 1438519070779.jpg
    1438519070779.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom