08' JKU No a/c OR heat

Jitsujeeper

Hello all! I have a 2008 JKU. My A/C and heat has stopped working. Turn the knobs and nothing happens. I have replaced the blower itself, as well as the resistor both with oem units in the spring because it was cutting in and out and that seemed to work for a few months. Two days ago the whole system just stopped. No reaction from the knobs. Replaced the unit today with oem part and still notjing. It lights up and when you push the ac button you hear the compressor kick. Just nothing from the blower like noooooo body is home lol..
any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Wethy

Blower motor resistor maybe? I know the old gm cavaliers and sunfires if thag went you only had off and full though. So it might be something else. Just a thought.

Jitsujeeper

I replaced that at the same time as the blower. It was cheap enough so I did both together. That seemed to work for a few months. Now I get no response from the main ac/heat unit. The ac button and defrost buttons light up but when I turn the fan itself on. Nada..
is their a relay I'm missing maybe?

Wethy

Im not too sure. Im not too AC inclined as i dont javent and havent ever really had it. Im sure others will chirp in though good luck with the problem! Hopefully its something simple

BlackHawk08jk

The panel that all the knobs are on is called the head or something like that. But it needs to be replaced. Just had one changed in my moms 08. Replaced the motor and resister first, turned out it was the other.

Jitsujeeper

Update

Update. TIPM was the culprit. Yesterday evening my door chime was randomly going off and this morning my engine light randomly went on and off. The ac/heat was only the beginning. What a STUPID design!

Top Bottom