Subwoofer cabinet removal?

Finn Sizzle

Has anyone removed their rear sub? I removed the 2 tie-downs and also removed the actual sub from the cabinet, but can't seem to remove the cabinet entirely. I am guessing that there are other bolts/clips holding it together. Does anyone know where they are? I want to remove it so I can do a clean run for the coax for the CB.

Thanks!

Spudcannons

Has anyone removed their rear sub? I removed the 2 tie-downs and also removed the actual sub from the cabinet, but can't seem to remove the cabinet entirely. I am guessing that there are other bolts/clips holding it together. Does anyone know where they are? I want to remove it so I can do a clean run for the coax for the CB.

Thanks!

Did you pull the plastic molding around the roll bar and above the sub?

Havoc40

Yup...there's more! You have to pop off the seat belt "beauty ring" on the roll bar upright. Once you do that you'll see there's another plastic piece that needs removed. Pop that off and you'll gain access to a 10mm nut. The sub enclosure will come out after that stuff is removed.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Yup...there's more! You have to pop off the seat belt "beauty ring" on the roll bar upright. Once you do that you'll see there's another plastic piece that needs removed. Pop that off and you'll gain access to a 10mm nut. The sub enclosure will come out after that stuff is removed.

x2 on this, took me 2 years to figure that out haha. I just gave up everytime.

Dirt Foot

Don't forget to take the front left tire off and loosen the left fillangie bolt half way.
Holy crap! Just leave it there.

Havoc40

Don't forget to take the front left tire off and loosen the left fillangie bolt half way.
Holy crap! Just leave it there.

:thinking:

It only takes about 5min once you know how it all comes apart. That is the best way to run wires...same reason I pulled mine.

Finn Sizzle

Awesome, I'll check that out. Thanks!

I have the cable run around now, but I want it to come out with the gate wires that feed into the tailgate.

Top Bottom