Atlas 2 speed worth it?

dagdag

I broke my NP241 RL123503AB transfer case. Best price I can find is $2,300. An Atlas 2 speed is $3,000. Should I just spend the extra $700 to upgrade?

Spudcannons

I broke my NP241 RL123503AB transfer case. Best price I can find is $2,300. An Atlas 2 speed is $3,000. Should I just spend the extra $700 to upgrade?

I would. I have seen some Sahara and rubi cases for 1k with 10k-20k miles on them so if that's what you are looking for be patient they will show up.

sassmouth

what specifically broke? You should be able to replace only the broken parts much cheaper than having to buy an entire unit.

dagdag

what specifically broke? You should be able to replace only the broken parts much cheaper than having to buy an entire unit.

I haven't pulled it apart. If I had to make an extremely uneducated guess I'd say "teeth on the planetary gears are mangled." It's my daily driver so I can't have it in pieces for an extended period of time. TC swap is fast.

sassmouth

I haven't pulled it apart. If I had to make an extremely uneducated guess I'd say "teeth on the planetary gears are mangled." It's my daily driver so I can't have it in pieces for an extended period of time. TC swap is fast.

Well before I would speed $3k on a replacement t-case I would verify what exactly is broken. I wouldn't guess. BTW new planetary gears would be around $300 plus shipping. The parts within the t-case are straightforward, are easily disassembled, and replaceable.

I cracked my front case half and had a replacement in hand within a couple of days.

It's your money though, so spend away if you got it.

Top Bottom