So satisfied. 1st time working on engine.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I know it's not much, but I've never worked on my own engine before. One of the reasons I bought a jeep was to teach myself some & be able to pass it on to my newborn son.

Well, Ole Reds got 75,000 miles most from a previous owner. I had some free time today & decided to change my plugs, wires, & PCV.

It was sunny & 95. My knuckles are busted up. It took a while to get the new wires around the back of the engine. But lemme tell ya when I fired her up & she started purring it felt so good!

I know a lot of people on here are like me. They want to work on their jeeps but don't have any experience or are nervous. DO IT!! Take your time. Review the DIYs while you're looking right at the parts so you understand. Get the right tools. LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME. It feels so good to accomplish something like this.

I want to thank all the members who help guys like me out & take the time to do any write up. You rule!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^^ All true words. I definitely lack in the engine knowledge department but I really need to start learning.

DESERTDAD

I know it's not much, but I've never worked on my own engine before. One of the reasons I bought a jeep was to teach myself some & be able to pass it on to my newborn son.

Well, Ole Reds got 75,000 miles most from a previous owner. I had some free time today & decided to change my plugs, wires, & PCV.

It was sunny & 95. My knuckles are busted up. It took a while to get the new wires around the back of the engine. But lemme tell ya when I fired her up & she started purring it felt so good!

I know a lot of people on here are like me. They want to work on their jeeps but don't have any experience or are nervous. DO IT!! Take your time. Review the DIYs while you're looking right at the parts so you understand. Get the right tools. LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME. It feels so good to accomplish something like this.

I want to thank all the members who help guys like me out & take the time to do any write up. You rule!

I couldn't agree more :beer::beer::beer:

mcsjk

Completely agree. And congrats.

Haven't done any real engine work but I know I was pretty intimidated when I started replacing one of my rear axle bearings but when I finished I felt great that I did it myself instead of paying someone to do it.

Top Bottom