Removing the Wrangler decals

tonytony9

I want to remove the ugly "X" decal on both sides of wrangler. I have a 2008 jku so they have been on there for awhile, but I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

I heard that using a blow dryer to warm it up and then using your nail to pull it off works great.

Does anyone have any suggestions on removing the glue/adhesive that will be left behind from the decal? I don't want to use anything that will harm the paint.

If I can find it at Home Depot that would be great but I am open to any suggestions! I would love to do it today so if there are any home remedies throw them at me.

Thanks!

Scrambler

We used the blow dryer method. Then some goo gone. My wife did it. I believe there was some soap and water involved, but the directions are on the goo gone bottle.

jedg

I want to remove the ugly "X" decal on both sides of wrangler. I have a 2008 jku so they have been on there for awhile, but I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

I heard that using a blow dryer to warm it up and then using your nail to pull it off works great.

Does anyone have any suggestions on removing the glue/adhesive that will be left behind from the decal? I don't want to use anything that will harm the paint.

If I can find it at Home Depot that would be great but I am open to any suggestions! I would love to do it today so if there are any home remedies throw them at me.

Thanks!

Goof Off... about a $1 for a small can at the 'Dollar Tree' ( if you have these in your neck of the woods )

Then wax the area you used the goof off on with your choice of wax.

EDIT - yes, as above... it's called goo gone.. not goof off... geez...

Salton Sea Walker

hair dryer and fingernail worked fine for me.. then some dental floss for the "trail rated" badges.. finish with some rubbing compound then wax..

Mine just peeled right off. The very little adhesive that was left was easily pulled off by dabbing the removed sticker on those spots.

Jgarch

I used a hair dryer to help peel it, then some wd40 to clean it up. Followed by wash and wax. Worked perfectly.

JKCrawler

I have used this process for years to remove stickers. One of the first things I do when I get a new vehicle.

1) use a hair drier to warm the sticker a little and start peeling. 2) Once the sticker is off, WD-40 on a rag to remove the adhesive. 3) wipe down the area with glass cleaner to remove the WD-40 residue. 4) wax it.

Last edited:

JakeJK

You can also use a credit card as the plastic scraper to start the sticker it's very easy took 5 minutes

tonytony9

I have used this process for years to remove stickers. One of the first things I do when I get a new vehicle.

1) use a hair drier to warm the sticker a little and start peeling. 2) Once the sticker is off, WD-40 on a rag to remove the adhesive. 3) wipe down the area with glass cleaner to remove the WD-40 residue. 4) wax it.

Perfect will try this out!

jeepnjoe

I debadged mine also. Borrowed the neighbors hair dryer, used goof off. The Sport was a breeze to remove, but the Wrangler part.
They must have used extra glue on that one.
I left the trail rated badge, I like the look of it.
Without the decals, the Jeep looks much cleaner.

Rccrwlr

I debadged mine also. Borrowed the neighbors hair dryer, used goof off. The Sport was a breeze to remove, but the Wrangler part.
They must have used extra glue on that one.
I left the trail rated badge, I like the look of it.
Without the decals, the Jeep looks much cleaner.

You don't own a hairdryer?

Top Bottom