Break lines with Evo double throwdown front and rear.

jeeper52

LOSER
Hey guys im getting around to connecting the break lines up to the axles and i had a couple questions. On the front how are the lines routed around the shock tower and how are they attached to the frame since the gusset for the tower took the place of the old break line clamp mount location? Also was wondering about the rear as well. Someone said somthing about drilling a hole through the rear coil bucket and running the lines that way? Let me know what you guys have and pics would be great if possible. Btw i did order break lines for a 6" lift to account for the extra droop.

dillard09

Yes it is. With a zip tie and a piece of rubber hose. The zip tie is through the hose and around the line and bypass. Make sense.

GCM 2

So my front lines are only zip tied along the wheel speed sensor line. For me there is plenty enough slack in both lines to allow full suspension articulation

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438291975.619869.jpg

Here are how my rear lines are running for my EVOLever. The stock hard lines that run along the top side of the frame rail and would exit down the outside of the frame are basically pushed over the to the inside. A hole was drilled in the frame bracket to allow the connection of where the hard line connects to the braided line to pass through.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438292244.359245.jpg

The braided line is then zip tied along the suspension strap limiters and then runs freely to the caliper.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438292326.682757.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438292359.748155.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438292374.408855.jpg

I hope you can make sense of all this through these pics.

jeeper52

LOSER
So my front lines are only zip tied along the wheel speed sensor line. For me there is plenty enough slack in both lines to allow full suspension articulation

View attachment 156624

Here are how my rear lines are running for my EVOLever. The stock hard lines that run along the top side of the frame rail and would exit down the outside of the frame are basically pushed over the to the inside. A hole was drilled in the frame bracket to allow the connection of where the hard line connects to the braided line to pass through.

View attachment 156626

The braided line is then zip tied along the suspension strap limiters and then runs freely to the caliper.

View attachment 156627

View attachment 156628

View attachment 156629

Cool man thanks!! That helps out a lot. Judging by how everything looks the stock break lines in the front look long enough? I noticed yours were braided stainless steel but are they longer than stock?

ttfhell

View attachment 156624

View attachment 156626

View attachment 156627

View attachment 156628

View attachment 156629

Not going to lie I'm pretty disappointed in the condition of your components. #inspectionfail #waterspots

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cool man thanks!! That helps out a lot. Judging by how everything looks the stock break lines in the front look long enough? I noticed yours were braided stainless steel but are they longer than stock?

Umm no, not even close. You need the brake lines for the dtd.

jeeper52

LOSER

Yeah i started on the rear and im glad i ordered longer lines but the front looks just fine. The jeep is still on the stands with the axle mounted up with the shocks bolted on and at full droop it looks like i have enough. I'll post a pic soon

GCM 2

Not going to lie I'm pretty disappointed in the condition of your components. #inspectionfail #waterspots

And yes, you are correct. All the wheeling I did at the KMC Jeep Bash during the rain storm has left my components sadly unprepared for a photo shoot.

Correct. First time for everything I guess ;)

Yeah i started on the rear and im glad i ordered longer lines but the front looks just fine. The jeep is still on the stands with the axle mounted up with the shocks bolted on and at full droop it looks like i have enough. I'll post a pic soon

As my astute colleague OverlanderJK has pointed out, I would not even take the chance with trying to run the stock brake lines. I know that all the DTD builds that come out of Off Road Evolution, longer aftermarket braided lines for both front and rear are added to the build sheet.

Post up some shots of the build too :thumb:

jeeper52

LOSER
And yes, you are correct. All the wheeling I did at the KMC Jeep Bash during the rain storm has left my components sadly unprepared for a photo shoot.

Correct. First time for everything I guess ;)

As my astute colleague OverlanderJK has pointed out, I would not even take the chance with trying to run the stock brake lines. I know that all the DTD builds that come out of Off Road Evolution, longer aftermarket braided lines for both front and rear are added to the build sheet.

Post up some shots of the build too :thumb:

Ok, thanks i will. I have another question for you. How are the e break cable's ran on yours? Also was your rear coil bucket or any frame gussets cut in the back to make room for the coilovers or bypasses?

GCM 2

Ok, thanks i will. I have another question for you. How are the e break cable's ran on yours? Also was your rear coil bucket or any frame gussets cut in the back to make room for the coilovers or bypasses?

My E-brake cable is routed along the top of the lower control arm links. ORE had originally just used zip ties to secure to the lower links, but I have since replaced those with velcro wraps designed to secure electrical cables, gear, extension cords, etc. I just use one per side.

As for the coil buckets, they are both still there, and no frame gussets were cut.

ChaosNein

you will need longer brake lines FRONT and REAR. and they are not standard "extended" brakelines, they are longer than the standard "extended" brakeline by a few inches. you will rip you lines off if you do not change them.

jeeper52

LOSER
you will need longer brake lines FRONT and REAR. and they are not standard "extended" brakelines, they are longer than the standard "extended" brakeline by a few inches. you will rip you lines off if you do not change them.

Ok thank you for the reply. Does the dtd come with break lines? Ive heard conflicting stories on this.

Top Bottom