2" budget boost

Rodeo_jk

Looking for a 2 inch budget boost, im between the aev kit and the rubicon express 2 inch spacer kit? Which do you guys prefer? Anything to look out for? Any additional parts? Im currently running 18/59 springs and red rubi shocks i swapped into my 2 dr soft top, just looking to give it a little more boost for the ground clearance on the underbelly.

Attachments

• 1438280090466.jpg
    1438280090466.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 177

Spudcannons

I would go AEV over the Rubicon express. I think it's US made vs made in china. Plus I believe they include a procal with it which you want with bigger tires if you ever upgrade or do gears ect.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Nope, im ok with the 32s but i drug my belly a couple times last time out wheeling

You do realize the lift doesn't give you ground clearance. Bigger tires is what gives you the ground clearance. The lift just allows you to put bigger tires on and better articulation.

Spudcannons

^this

Tires give you ground clearance, lift gives you tire and body clearance. Body clearance is good and will help with belly clearance.

JakeJK

You do realize the lift doesn't give you ground clearance. Bigger tires is what gives you the ground clearance. The lift just allows you to put bigger tires on and better articulation.

It gives you more belly clearance. Such as gas tank oil pan etc. not differentials or axles though

Rodeo_jk

It does give more clearence to the underbelly where i was getting hung up, and yes i understand tires give axle ground clearence. I think everyone does as it is common sense. I didnt ask whether i should get a lift, i have my reasons. I asked which one people prefer.

Rodeo_jk

It gives you more belly clearance. Such as gas tank oil pan etc. not differentials or axles though

This guy gets it lol. I wasnt having issues with axle clearence. And i dont want bigger tires. I cant afford a regear and i like my fuel mileage

JK LYF

I have same set up (shocks and springs). I also have 3/4 inch coil spacers in front. I believe you would be fine with 1 1/2 in spacers on all for coils and call it a day. I haven't had any issues with mine other than I should have gone 1 1/2 inch instead of 3/4 for the exact reason you're talking about (belly clearance).

Does the budget boost come with something that's needed vs just buying coil spacers?

Rodeo_jk

I have same set up (shocks and springs). I also have 3/4 inch coil spacers in front. I believe you would be fine with 1 1/2 in spacers on all for coils and call it a day. I haven't had any issues with mine other than I should have gone 1 1/2 inch instead of 3/4 for the exact reason you're talking about (belly clearance).

Does the budget boost come with something that's needed vs just buying coil spacers?

Bump stop spacers that i probably wont use, and brake and shock extensions, im sure theres a cheaper way to do it and im cool with that lol. Do you have a pic of your rig showing that setup??

JK LYF

Bump stop spacers that i probably wont use, and brake and shock extensions, im sure theres a cheaper way to do it and im cool with that lol. Do you have a pic of your rig showing that setup??

I didn't have to use brake and/or shock extensions. Everything has worked well, with the exception of belly clearance on a few rocks at John Bull last month. I plan on replacing the coil spacers I have with the 1 1/2 inch for a little more clearance. It works fine for the type of wheeling I do....Should be fine until I get a full lift in a few months......just spending my money on other mods right now....(regear, CB, etc).....:thumb:

Here is a pic of it fully stuffed and not rubbing:

Front:

16573938909_279fe59c41_o.jpg

Rear:

16760096575_bb05f903b0_o.jpg

Side View: Just edited pic with current tires.....last two images are 37's and I do not run them. Cant delete them for some reason....

16063997273_7399e0bf1c_o.jpg

Attachments

• 15434393997_02cf1de50a_o.jpg
    15434393997_02cf1de50a_o.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 15620391785_d607468591_o.jpg
    15620391785_d607468591_o.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Rodeo_jk

Looks good man. I may get something like the daystar leveling kit its like 1.75 front and 1 inch rear i think

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
I have the Teraflex 2.5" and it has worked great! You will need to use their shock and brake line relocation brackets and trac bar reloc bracket, but it's a great kit. I just did Rubicon with it and made it through nicely, only got high centered twice

Petthefish

I understand with a cool lift you have to get an alignment afterwards with the leveling kit like the day star do you still have to have an alignment? Thanks for the help yall

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I understand with a cool lift you have to get an alignment afterwards with the leveling kit like the day star do you still have to have an alignment? Thanks for the help yall

With a leveling kit most likely not but it's easy to do. Just follow the diy alignment Eddie has posted for us here

Top Bottom