Bought an RE 2.5 standard lift and have questions about supporting mods for it

rsmwrangler

This would be my official introduction, i've been lurking in the forum for the past 2 days, while i was researching everything i could about Jeep Wranglers. I'm coming from Toyota Camp, specifically from the FJ world, and i've traded that vehicle for a 2013 JKU sport.

Being i don't know much about JK's, and provided i bought my rig last week, i went ahead an ordered the Rubicon Express lift yesterday, standard kit, doesn't have anything other than springs, re-branded 5100's, rear sway bar links, bump stops, and some cam plates that i won't be using (as i read around is not a good idea), yes i know it's a budget kit, but it fitted the money i had yesterday.

As a basic kid, i understand i need to have some basic parts added to it so the JK can drive like a decent rig. i won't run RE parts as it seems they're entry level, so i'm trying to add more quality without braking the bank
I've been told i needed a track bar and LCA's, i know what LCA's are, but i have no idea about track bars, or anything related to a front live axle.

So, my next round of parts that i'd like to add are (i'd like the most basic setup that will give basic geometry, or mostly, something that won't drive like a dump truck :))

Front:
* Synergy adjustable front LCA's, i see they're adjustable when mounted, and that seems a nice feature.
* JKS disconnects

*But i don't know what track bar should i run ? Teraflex monster ?
*Do i need a bracket for the front track bar ? or just use the stock track bar mount? the Synergy piece seem to be poly on one side, but has that metal rod in the other side, would that thing be noisy on/offrroad ? the JK is my daily driver and i'd like to keep things quiet for the most part

What should i do in the rear?
* A different track bar bracket than the one provided by the RE kit ? it seems small compared to other brackets i've seeing, but if it does the job just fine, i'm more than ok with it.
* Do i need an adjustable rear track bar if i'm only lifting 2.5" ?
* do i need adjustable rear LCA's ? or can i use a fixed length rear LCA since i'm lifting only 2.5" ?
* do i need rear LCA's at all at 2.5" ?

Other than that, is there anything else i should get at a very minimum to enjoy a 2.5" lift ? it seems the JK would go up 3" and change in real life.

I have 17x9 MB 352 wheels with BFG KO2 tires 285/70/17, that i bought last week, i was afraid 35's would have been too much for the factory 3.21 gearing, and ended up settling with 33's , but for most of the stuff i'll do with the vehicle, 33's would be fine, and i don't need to regear.

I also ordered the Ace rock sliders to have the most basic protection where i know i'll hit her at our local trials, so she's only getting heavier form this point on, haha, the idea is to add some armor underneath later on, once i can recover from the wheels/tires/sliders and now this suspension stuff.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
The RE 2.5 kit should come with a rear track bar bracket. You really don't need to swap out the front track bar with the RE 2.5 lift. I'm also running the same RE lift. I also opted for the LCA's. That's definitely a good move. I'm running 305/70/17 tires so the 285 should fit with plenty of room.

rsmwrangler

The RE 2.5 kit should come with a rear track bar bracket. You really don't need to swap out the front track bar with the RE 2.5 lift. I'm also running the same RE lift. I also opted for the LCA's. That's definitely a good move. I'm running 305/70/17 tires so the 285 should fit with plenty of room.

Excellent Mountain,
Yes, the kit come with a rear track bar bracket, i just didn't know if it was good or not to use that one.

I take your're running the factory bumpstops ?

And when you say you opted for the LCA's, you did all 4 adjustable LCA's, or the front only adjustable while leaving the stock LCA's in the rear ?

If i wanted to have a track bar, just to have it already, what would be the recommendation for a good price/functional one ? i don't want the best money can buy, i would like to look at something that functions well, easy to set and good price :)

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Excellent Mountain,
Yes, the kit come with a rear track bar bracket, i just didn't know if it was good or not to use that one.

I take your're running the factory bumpstops ?

And when you say you opted for the LCA's, you did all 4 adjustable LCA's, or the front only adjustable while leaving the stock LCA's in the rear ?

If i wanted to have a track bar, just to have it already, what would be the recommendation for a good price/functional one ? i don't want the best money can buy, i would like to look at something that functions well, easy to set and good price :)

I do have adjustable LCA's front and rear. I never really researched an adjustable front track bar. I'm sure there's something out there. The kit also comes with bump stops which I installed.

Wethy

How does it ride compared to stock? If you don't mind me asking

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
RE 2.5" lift with monotube shocks was $699. Front and rear control arms were $300. Brake line extensions $20. Wheel spacers 1.5" were $150. Goodyear mtr's 305/70/17, five tires ran $1500. Here's a pic for visual. 2010 2 door mountain edition with 3:73 gears. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438347166.400141.jpg

Top Bottom