Sway bar links?

zzachm18

I just had a teraflex 2.5 coil lift installed, and i noticed that the stock rear links are still in the rear, and the teraflex longer rear links areinstalled up front. I thought that the stock rear were supposed to be moved up front. will this cause any issues?

JakeJK

I just had a teraflex 2.5 coil lift installed, and i noticed that the stock rear links are still in the rear, and the teraflex longer rear links areinstalled up front. I thought that the stock rear were supposed to be moved up front. will this cause any issues?

Did the longer links come with the lift kit? I'm fairly sure usually those are front links

At least in my RK 2.5 kit they have me quick disconnect front sway bar links not rear.. I'm not sure the rear need replacing

Not sure if they came with the kit, but according to teraflex instructions, thats the way its supposed to go. Move the stock rear to the front.. new links go in back.

zzachm18

Yes, the longer links came with the kit. They are rear longer links, but they have been installed in the front and the rear stock links are still in place. This isn't what the instructions call for so I'm curious if it's a problem that needs to be corrected

Is your front sway bar ends parallel to the ground? I believe the supplied ones are a little bit longer and should be in the rear. If they're up front, I think your sway bar will be angled up a bit. You can swap them out easily enough or take it back to the installer.

good luck

USMC Wrangler

If you have, or can get an angle finder, the front sway bar should be +/- 5* from level.

6A511_AS02

CREEPR

That is true. Horizontal or slightly above, is ideal.

Most hardware stores sell those and theyre handy, but really in the case of your swaybar, eyeballing it will be fine.

You can always use the 3 4 5 to check for a right angle. Meassure 3 inches right mark. 4 down and it needs to be at least 5 inches between those two points. Yay math!

Scrambler

Why does my kit come with new front links and his comes with rear? I have a RK lift

If you are referring to the RK stock mod as stated in your profile, that kit came with ADJUSTABLE front sway bar links. The kit that the OP had installed did not come with adjustable sway bar links. Therefore, he needs to move the longer links that came with the kit to the back and move the back links to the front.

zzachm18

If you are referring to the RK stock mod as stated in your profile, that kit came with ADJUSTABLE front sway bar links. The kit that the OP had installed did not come with adjustable sway bar links. Therefore, he needs to move the longer links that came with the kit to the back and move the back links to the front.

Well shit... I guess I'll get to doing that as soon as possible...

JakeJK

Ahhh true that's correct

aldaman

Those look a little too high for front links.

I could be wrong, but I think those/his are rear links. Then the rear links would move to the front. That seems to be common process for many lifts.

...correct on what he said. The new TF links go in the rear and the rear stock links go in the front. That's what I did when I installed a TF 2.5" coil lift on my '08 JKU....

Top Bottom