Thinking about going with Zone 4" kit for the time being.

LSX-Jeep

I have a 2008 JKU 4x2:(!!! I Known I know a 4x2😭. I bought it like that for a reason. As the title states, I'm thinking of going with a Budged friendly kit for right now. Main reason for this key word "temporary" lift is the suspension is pretty beat up and any little bump or pot hole I hit or go over the jeep feels like it's going to fall apart. It feels darn right scary at times...Future plans are to go with a LS conversion, atlas II, Evo DbD suspension with PR60s & PR80s riding on 40s. With that said I also hate the way my jeep looks right now so I've been thinking about going with a Zone 4" system and some Rugged Ridge wheels sporting other 35s or better yet some "37s" for now. By the way for now the jeep is a mall crawler lol and every now and then the beach. Your thoughts on this?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438294897.006107.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438294916.460863.jpg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
that's a lot of lift for 35's! if I were you I would just go with a budget boost 2.5" lift and trim your fenders to fit 35's.

rogerk93

As the title states, I'm thinking of going with a Budged friendly kit for right now. Future plans are to go with Evo DbD suspension with PR60s & PR80s riding on 40s. With that said I hate the way my jeep looks right now so I've been thinking about going with a Zone 4" system and some Rugged Ridge wheels with other 35s or 37s for now. By the way for now the jeep is a mall crawler lol and every now and then the beach. Your thoughts on this?
View attachment 156632
View attachment 156633

Extremeterrain.com sells those rims for 200. I have them on my jeep

LSX-Jeep

Thank you for the link I'll order them from there. I'm working on putting in this bad boy first. Then the rest will fallow...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438300349.033335.jpg

LSX-Jeep

Lol it's just a temp while I get everything else,but I hear ya. I would be thinking the same thing lol.

Last edited:

Spudcannons

IF it's temperary just toss on a EVO enforcer with MCE fenders and you can run what ever tires you want with a bit of trimming then resell it for most of what it cost when you buy what that beast deserves. double throw down lever system cough cough PR60 and PR80 cough cough

MotoMatthew

I'm not an engineer but 4" of lift on stock control arms seems like your geometry would be all messed up. A budget boost is what I would do since you just want to stuff 35s in there.

LSX-Jeep

Just empty every pocket indeed lol. I thought I spent a lot of money on my cars until I bought this jeep. As for wheeling; fellas I would love too but I have what they call a unicorn jeep:(. So no four wheeling for this guy until I get my axles and what not.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438307344.397112.jpg
6l80e, the Atlas ll 3:1 should arrive in about two weeks from my understanding. True it's pissing money away but hey isn't that what we are doing anyways...

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
True it's pissing money away but hey isn't that what we are doing anyways...

Um, not if I can avoid it. I need to spend my money on things like maintenance/repairs/necessary replacements. To spend additional on something I KNOW I'm going to replace just isn't in the cards.

Maybe you have that kind of extra cash. I don't have an extra $1600++ to dump on pointless lift and wheels.

I'd throw as little at it as possible.

Top Bottom