poison spyder side marker LED lights

canadianjku

Just installed the poison spyder fender flares and now trying to attach the LED side marker lights. I have the two wire version (black and white wires). Not working for some reason though. Any idea which wire in the stock pigtail is positive and which is ground. They are also black and white wires...I had assumed the white was again ground so spliced black to black and white to white. Just can't get them to work though. If avoidable I would rather not go out and buy a multimeter to figure it out. Going to solder them together instead but would like to figure out which is which first

Thanks

JLE21

Just installed the poison spyder fender flares and now trying to attach the LED side marker lights. I have the two wire version (black and white wires). Not working for some reason though. Any idea which wire in the stock pigtail is positive and which is ground. They are also black and white wires...I had assumed the white was again ground so spliced black to black and white to white. Just can't get them to work though. If avoidable I would rather not go out and buy a multimeter to figure it out. Going to solder them together instead but would like to figure out which is which first

Thanks

It's white to black, black to white

joshuaj21

Yep LED lights are connected reversed. Basically current and voltage travel in opposite direction. LED works in a similar fashion without getting technical. (Sort of)

canadianjku

Bought a multimeter after. The white on the stock pigtail is negative and the black positive. Poison sypder say the white on there light is also negative and the black positive. Soldered the black to white and white to black today but still no luck getting them to work. Any ideas? Starting to think it is the light themselves that is the problem. The lights are soldered to the stock pigtail tightly and the pigtail is plugged in to the stock connector. Had no problems with the pigtail when it was attached to the original fender lights

Top Bottom