2 door storage options

I saw there was a thread on rear storage for the 4 door but i thought I would start one exclusively for 2 doors.
Everyone share how you store your tools and supplies for wheeling trips with or without the rear seats. Any build outs you did in the back? Storage bins? Custom deck kids? Etc.

big dr

I built a shelf over my spare tire rack. It's fairly small, but it seems to hold the majority of what I need on weekend trips.

Attachments

• photo-32.jpg
    photo-32.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 159
  • photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 159

Peak

I'm planning on building a drawer system, something like the picture below. Not too tall so if I wanted to bring my dog he can lay on top of the shelf and still have plenty of room. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438361323.102294.jpg
And also this behind the seats for spare axle and drive shafts
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438361501.649646.jpg

I'm planning on building a drawer system, something like the picture below. Not too tall so if I wanted to bring my dog he can lay on top of the shelf and still have plenty of room. View attachment 156732
View attachment 156733

I really like the drawer idea. I would also want to be able to bring my dog at times like you and also I think it would be good to put tie down holes on the top of the drawer. I wonder how to attach it to the jeep? It would be cool if you could somehow use the rear seat mounts to clamp on to.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It sucks to only really have room we need the seat pulled or at least flipped up. Sucks companies dont make many options for us.

big dr

NOROAD,,, I like that simple table idea!:thumb: It wouldnt work for how I have committed to carrying my spare,, but I see it working for a lot of guys.

Peak

I really like the drawer idea. I would also want to be able to bring my dog at times like you and also I think it would be good to put tie down holes on the top of the drawer. I wonder how to attach it to the jeep? It would be cool if you could somehow use the rear seat mounts to clamp on to.

I was thinking about mounting it there to not sure how to go about it though. I like that spot because it can be taken out when I want to put it the rear seat.

seanb123

Before I got my genright carrier I made this. I never finished but the plan was for a drawer to go it in. Cost me about 50 I used some solid oak wood and waterproof sub carpet ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438367317.546803.jpg

Used long fish eye screws to hold the tire down.

I-Eat-Mud

I'm planning on building a drawer system, something like the picture below. Not too tall so if I wanted to bring my dog he can lay on top of the shelf and still have plenty of room. View attachment 156732
View attachment 156733

I've been looking forever, so I hope nobody gets too mad at me raising this thread from the long dead.

But this is basically exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some sort of drawer to take up the whole back with rear seats removed in a two door, but I need it to only be a few inches high so that I can still have my dogs in the back. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

At this point I'm looking at making something myself, which will probably be awful. I can turn a wrench but I'm no fabricator.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom