Track bar

JakeJK

Would the upgrade from a RK adjustable front track bar to a JKS track bar be worth 76 dollars?? Wondering because I can get JKS a lot sooner than the Rock Krawler as rock Krawler is behind on orders

07JKSahara

Would the upgrade from a RK adjustable front track bar to a JKS track bar be worth 76 dollars?? Wondering because I can get JKS a lot sooner than the Rock Krawler as rock Krawler is behind on orders

I have a RK. It's great, I'm sure the JKS is too. That said, if I'd known what I know now I wouldn't get either one. See if you can get an evo bracket to run the stock one. Id bet it's available and faster than both the others.

JakeJK

I have a RK. It's great, I'm sure the JKS is too. That said, if I'd known what I know now I wouldn't get either one. See if you can get an evo bracket to run the stock one. Id bet it's available and faster than both the others.

True but I kinda want it to be adjustable in case I ever switch out lifts

^^^^^This

I have a Metalcloak front bar and have had some bushing issues. After speaking about those issues here, They contacted me and told me they redesigned their bushings and are sending me a replacement bar.

I do not have any handling issues, so I have yet to do a drag link flip or track bar raise. This made working my hydro assist ram in VERY difficult. I had to fab my own bracket and make my own D-Link. All for 3/4" of up travel that as it turns out... I can't use anyway.

If I had to do it again I would got the route above...

07JKSahara

True but I kinda want it to be adjustable in case I ever switch out lifts

I understand. Then either is a quality bar. I only have the RK so that's where my experience ends, but if someone sells a used bracket, I'll be the first bidder because if you run stock parts, it's usually free/cheap to replace when they break.

JakeJK

I understand. Then either is a quality bar. I only have the RK so that's where my experience ends, but if someone sells a used bracket, I'll be the first bidder because if you run stock parts, it's usually free/cheap to replace when they break.

Haha that's a good point!

07JKSahara

Haha that's a good point!

Realized I never answered your question. If this is the last part of your build you're waiting on, get the JKS and don't go out to dinner one time. If you liked the RK for a reason, id wait (and go out to dinner!)

JakeJK

Realized I never answered your question. If this is the last part of your build you're waiting on, get the JKS and don't go out to dinner one time. If you liked the RK for a reason, id wait (and go out to dinner!)

Haha as a college student that's like enough money to feed me a solid 8 meals but I do need to save for tires so I think I may wait

TheStick

^^^^^This

I have a Metalcloak front bar and have had some bushing issues. After speaking about those issues here, They contacted me and told me they redesigned their bushings and are sending me a replacement bar.

I do not have any handling issues, so I have yet to do a drag link flip or track bar raise. This made working my hydro assist ram in VERY difficult. I had to fab my own bracket and make my own D-Link. All for 3/4" of up travel that as it turns out... I can't use anyway.

If I had to do it again I would got the route above...

Any tips on what to look for? I am running their front TB also and haven't noticed anything, but all I have done is checked torque from time to time.

I have their older clevite bushings. They fail when twisted and begin to work out. You can easily tell be looking to see if the bar looks centered at its mounting point.

TheStick

I have their older clevite bushings. They fail when twisted and begin to work out. You can easily tell be looking to see if the bar looks centered at its mounting point.

Cool. I'll take a look. I've been running it about a year and a half.

07JKSahara

Haha as a college student that's like enough money to feed me a solid 8 meals but I do need to save for tires so I think I may wait

Congrats on school. I couldn't imagine trying to build a jeep in college, I was so broke its not even funny... Well, a little funny I guess.

JakeJK

Congrats on school. I couldn't imagine trying to build a jeep in college, I was so broke its not even funny... Well, a little funny I guess.

Haha yeah my parents pay for living and school but I pay for everything fun I do including jeep payment and jeep stuff :D

JKCrawler

I ran the Rock Krawler adjustable front and rear track bars for a little while. Ended up selling them and went with Snyergy's adjustable track bars. Synergy's track bars have much better clearance when flexing out your suspension. Synergy makes a much better product in my opinion. Just my .02.

Last edited:

kpig

Do the evo drag link flip with the stock trackbar. I had the Metalcloak trackbars with the old bushings that became off centered and began rubbing the inside of the mounts. i contacted Metalcloak about the trackbar issue and all they did was offer to sell me the new ones. It's a design defect and now they want to profit off of it. I have to agree with a lot of people that there is nothing wrong with stock. It hasn't let me down and the axle is centered. The rear was switched to JKS and is fine. Good luck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I would recommend a factory track bar. A 2007-10 if possible as the newer 2011-up have a weaker joint at the frame end. It's what I still run on both my JK's and this AFTER having run a myriad of aftermarket adjustable track bars. The real benefit of doing the drag link flip/track bar relocation is the fact that you will not only recenter your axle but, you will ALSO correct your steering geometry making for better handling. As far as changing out lifts go, unless you plan on going back to stock or plan on going 3" taller, the shift in your axle will be insignificant. Maybe about as much as what you would see with your Jeep fully loaded vs. being totally unloaded.

JakeJK

As mentioned, I would recommend a factory track bar. A 2007-10 if possible as the newer 2011-up have a weaker joint at the frame end. It's what I still run on both my JK's and this AFTER having run a myriad of aftermarket adjustable track bars. The real benefit of doing the drag link flip/track bar relocation is the fact that you will not only recenter your axle but, you will ALSO correct your steering geometry making for better handling. As far as changing out lifts go, unless you plan on going back to stock or plan on going 3" taller, the shift in your axle will be insignificant. Maybe about as much as what you would see with your Jeep fully loaded vs. being totally unloaded.

Thanks for the info-- who makes the drag link flip kit you're referring to?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info-- who makes the drag link flip kit you're referring to?

EVO makes the drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket. It's what I prefer to run but there are a host of other companies that make a similar kit.

Top Bottom