Wave from Arizona

AZMikeD

Hi! I signed up a few days ago and wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I moved to Arizona from Maryland about 5 years ago for my job. I miss Maryland and family/friends but we like Arizona.

I'm a newb when it comes to off-roading and I'm still shopping for my first Jeep. Started doing some simple trails in my wife's CUV and thought this might be something I'd like. A friend has a Jeep Sport with 33's so I rented a Rubicon from Barlows in Sedona and we did Dry Creek Trail and Soldier's Pass. I loved it! Seems like a unique way to see some beautiful parts of this state and other parts of the country. Plus its great fun. ;) I also see it as a way to further bond with my Son. He's 3 1/2 and has loved the trails we've done in my wife's vehicle.

I have a limited budget so have been looking for an LJ. I'd prefer the longer wheel base since I'll need the back seat installed. I may be able to get into an older JKU but we'll see.

I've been researching Jeeps for a few months now and have learned a lot but am looking forward to reading the forum and meeting some new people. Hopefully I'll find the right Jeep soon and see some of you on the trails!

Michael

P.S. We drove some of the improved part of the Montana Mountain Trail today. Storms were rolling in so we decided to head back in case the washes started to fill up. Beautiful area.

0731151319.jpg

TheFunSmith

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you enjoy wheeling in Az. There are tons of beautiful trails out here to enjoy, time to get that jeep and start seeing more of them. :thumb:

Back Country

Welcome! I got hooked last year when a ERAUGrad04 took me to Death Valley! You should take the family, it was a awesome experience. Good luck on the search, you will know when you find the one!:cheesy:

AZMikeD

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you enjoy wheeling in Az. There are tons of beautiful trails out here to enjoy, time to get that jeep and start seeing more of them. :thumb:

Welcome! I got hooked last year when a ERAUGrad04 took me to Death Valley! You should take the family, it was a awesome experience. Good luck on the search, you will know when you find the one!:cheesy:

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to getting started but still looking for that right Jeep that I can also afford. ;) I'm trying to "liquidate" a few more "assets" to hopefully make my search a little easier.

My Jeep friends bought me the Backcountry Adventures Arizona trail book. We've discovered some cool trails with that. Can't wait to try them all! :rock:

Looking forward to joining one of the local wheeling trips.

TheFunSmith

There is a group of us on here that makes weekly runs outside of the Phoenix area. If you would ever like to join in, I usually have an open seat in my jeep, and we'd love to have you out there with us!

Welcome to WayaLife !!!! Two great things.... you're in Arizona and you found a kick-ass forum!!!! Lots of info on this forum to help out on that Jeep find and mods afterward. Get that Jeep and enjoy those trails!!!:thumb:

AZMikeD

There is a group of us on here that makes weekly runs outside of the Phoenix area. If you would ever like to join in, I usually have an open seat in my jeep, and we'd love to have you out there with us!

I appreciate the offer and I think I'd like to take you up on that some time. I've seen such a limited amount of trails in AZ that I'd like to see what's out there and meet you guys. Ultimately, I hope I can join you with my own Jeep. :thumb:

Welcome to WayaLife !!!! Two great things.... you're in Arizona and you found a kick-ass forum!!!! Lots of info on this forum to help out on that Jeep find and mods afterward. Get that Jeep and enjoy those trails!!!:thumb:

I've only been on the forum a few days and have already learned so much more. I have a general idea of what I want to do first once I finally find the right Jeep. Hopefully that will be sooner than later! :fingerscrossed:

Top Bottom