Extended Warranty Cancellation Questions

Sudz

Request counsel:

(Please, not on wisdom of a warranty, but the mechanics of my questions) -

2013 Jeep Wrangler

35,201 miles

Bought a Chrysler 7yr/70k Max Care Plan and financed with the purchase in December of 2012 (less than 3 years ago).

Turns out my daughter is putting on more miles than I expect, and that usage will increase. As a result, my mileage coverage will run out before the years I desire to retain coverage.

So, I would like to cancel my existing plan (it was financed with vehicle). I purchased in New Hampshire, so according to what I have read, there is no cancel fees.

I will then buy a Max Care Lifetime warranty from a reputable online seller.

The Jeep is in Colorado. My original selling dealer is in New Hampshire where I live.

Would appreciate feedback from those who have canceled a Chrysler warranty, and/or those who have actual experience with selling Chrysler warrantees.

Q: How do I cancel the initial extended warranty, and indicate/prove I have not used vehicle beyond the 36k original warranty? Do they need to see the Jeep's odometer? (There is clause that prorates the warranty refund if beyond the factory 3yr36k).

Q: I plan to purchase the new Lifetime Max Care online. How do I prove the vehicle is still under 36k miles?

TIA
Call Customer Service (877-426-5337) 877-IAMJEEP

If they request proof of odo reading, any CDJ dealership could verify that for you.

brodydez

Be aware though that the money will not be sent back to you. They will send it to the lien holder since you financed it. That is at least what they did when I have canceled a warranty.

croge17

Be aware though that the money will not be sent back to you. They will send it to the lien holder since you financed it. That is at least what they did when I have canceled a warranty.

That is 100% correct. cancelling the current warantee will only apply the remaining balance from canceling back to the loan balance. Payments will stay the same but remaining principle will drop.

Getting an odometer reading will be up the selling dealer. They may very well take you at your word or ask for a photo of the odometer with a dated material beside it.

OJK12

I actually got mine sent back to me however it was because i traded it in so I'm not sure if that makes a difference but I also got mine through Chrysler at the time I purchased. I will warn you though I traded mine in with 31,000 miles so I actually never used it and I paid like $1,400.00 for it and only got $300 back.

croge17

I actually got mine sent back to me however it was because i traded it in so I'm not sure if that makes a difference but I also got mine through Chrysler at the time I purchased. I will warn you though I traded mine in with 31,000 miles so I actually never used it and I paid like $1,400.00 for it and only got $300 back.

Im actually a sales manager at a car dealership. what most people dont realize is that your waranty starts the day you purchase it. If you buy a 7 year 100k waranty then you only bought another 4 years and 64k miles. so when it gets prorated if you are near the end of a 3 year 36k factory waranty with that same coverage you will only get back 4/7ths of the purchase price if you were at the end of three years and have 70k miles then you only get 30% back based on miles.

OJK12

Im actually a sales manager at a car dealership. what most people dont realize is that your waranty starts the day you purchase it. If you buy a 7 year 100k waranty then you only bought another 4 years and 64k miles. so when it gets prorated if you are near the end of a 3 year 36k factory waranty with that same coverage you will only get back 4/7ths of the purchase price if you were at the end of three years and have 70k miles then you only get 30% back based on miles.

Oh I totally knew that going in, I figured i wouldn't get much back and I was actually surprised when the salesman said I would get anything back. I just wanted the OP to understand he would not get much back if he goes this route.

Top Bottom