DIY freedom top hoist...

Dopey84

Has anyone done this yet... ? I just finished mine and am interested in how others have done this..

Sporadic

Not exactly a DIY lift but I use a Racor heavy lift to lift and store my hardtop.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438518199.780105.jpg

Kind of nice because you can store other Jeep stuff on top. (Grins) 👍

Havoc40

I just ordered the Racor last night lol. You mind snapping a pic of how you strapped the top to it? I haven't made my mind up on how I want to do that yet.

aldaman

Also use a Racor lift. There's a drill attachment that makes it a breeze to lift & lower the top. I used straps to secure the hardtop to the lift...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hot94Z28

I installed the Harken hoist a couple years ago and glad I got a hoist, DIY way or buying one either way having one is really nice when you have a hard top.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438645815.895873.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Built a total custom job. Electric winch, slides front to back and side to side. That way I don't have to park in the right spot every time. I'll try and take a photo tomorrow.

Havoc40

The hoist arrived in 3 days from Amazon...gotta love it. Straight forward install. Would have been even easier if my ceiling was level. Had to fur the back down 2-5/8".

Waiting on the ol' lady to drop off some cut off discs for the remaining threads. Then wrapping the frame with pool noodles. Turned out pretty slick. Don't mind the trashed garage, I'm remodeling the house.

20150808_144801.jpg

Rccrwlr

The hoist arrived in 3 days from Amazon...gotta love it. Straight forward install. Would have been even easier if my ceiling was level. Had to fur the back down 2-5/8".

Waiting on the ol' lady to drop off some cut off discs for the remaining threads. Then wrapping the frame with pool noodles. Turned out pretty slick. Don't mind the trashed garage, I'm remodeling the house.

View attachment 158446

That looks like a very solid setup!

Top Bottom