PDA

View Full Version : BEDEVILED : An Off Road Adventure Through the Historic Devil’s Canyon Jeep Trail

Pages : [1] 2

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Back in the mid-1800’s, a stage route was established across the Jacumba Mountains which are located along the Mexican border and just south of the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Its purpose was to connect the growing towns of San Diego, California and Yuma, Arizona and while improvements were made to help accommodate the very first automobiles back in the early 1900’s, the route was abandoned after the completion of U.S. Highway 80 and the subsequent Interstate 8. Thanks to a major storm in the 1970’s, a portion of the route that cut through Devil’s Canyon was washed away and for the most part, all but lost to history.

Cindy and I first heard about Devil's Canyon about 10 years ago after reading about a few guys who went looking for this old stage route and to see if it could still be run. Soon after its rediscovery, it became one of the hottest trails to run in the San Diego and Imperial County area and because of it, the BLM quickly shut it down as the area was home to endangered Big Horn Sheep. Since that time, we had all but forgotten about this trail but after getting recent word that people were running it again and legally, we knew it was something we had to look into.

After doing some research, I found that the BLM was in fact allowing LIMITED access to Devil's Canyon but ONLY WITH A PERMIT. And, what I can tell you is that unless you're planning to run this trail with Tierra del Sol or another club that has access to it, you might as well still consider this trail to be CLOSED! Not only do you have to apply for a $100 permit 180 days in advance, you are only allowed to run the trail on one of seven Saturday's between October 1st and April 30th and it cannot be on a Saturday following a previous run. In addition to that, you are limited in the amount of vehicles that can participate, you will need to fill out a 27 page application that requires you to include plans for medical emergencies and evacuation routes which, really is all fair and reasonable enough but, what will ultimately stump most people and almost stumped us as well is the proof of liability insurance the BLM requires for $500,000 per occurrence and a $1,000,000 aggregate! I should note that just about every insurance company I called with the hopes of obtaining a one day policy like this laughed at me and told me that the BLM is effectively telling people that they don't want anyone on the trail! 7 months after I had applied for our permit and with any hopes of getting an an insurance policy starting to run out, Off Road Evolution stepped up to the plate and offered to let us ride on their policy. Needless to say, a BIG THANK YOU needs to go out to them for making this run and this film possible.

Unfortunately for us, by the time we got everything in order, the only Saturday left for us to run the trail was the last one of April. Needless to say, summer was already in full force down in the Yuha Desert and daytime temps were already well within the triple digits. Also, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler known as Moby was out of commission and so we would have to run it in our newer 2012 JK known as Rubicat. While this wouldn't normally be a problem, it had a blown power steering pump and we wouldn't be able to get a replacement until after the run. Of course, being that this was the only chance we might ever have at running this amazing trail, Cindy and I decided we needed to just do it regardless of having to do it handicapped.

Along for the ride on this epic trek, we had Doug, his daughter Jessa, her boyfriend Jim, Moochie, Don, Et, Tony, Stephanie, Derek, Ray, his son Kevin and tagging along as a support photographer, we had our friends Dave and Laura joining us as well. In all, we had a total of 8 Jeep JK Wrangler in our group and most of which were just running 37" tires. As far as lift kits go, a few in our group were running EVO Bolt-On coil overs, a couple had EVO DTD with EVO Levers and one was running a Full-Traction long arm kit. Aside from Doug who was running Dyantrac ProRock 60's front and rear, just about everyone else was running factory axles. Essentially, we were just a group of regular people in moderate to semi-well built rigs.

The Devil's Canyon trail is approximately 3 miles long and roughly parallels the westbound lanes of Interstate 8. If you run the trail east to west like we did, it's an uphill climb to the top, over large granite boulders more bodacious than Kim Kardashian's ass and with deep soft sand in between just to kick things up a notch. While it did ultimately take us 15 hours to run and required us to do some unintended night wheeling, it should be noted that EVERYONE in our group was encouraged to take on ALL the biggest obstacles and be individually filmed doing it as well. This slowed thing down for us tremendously and we really need to thank all our friends for their patience and understanding for what we were trying to do. If this was the only time we would ever get to run this trail, we wanted to make sure we documented everything as carefully as possible and we hope that you enjoy this film we made from it.

Ladies and gentlemen... BEDEVILED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bo6ZdzotGI

Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q88EiI8xXSw

Enter to WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you missed out on our last WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, you now have another chance to WIN a pair for yourself! All you have to do is post up a response on this thread and you will automatically be entered into our new drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Sunday, August 9th and you will not have to be online to win.

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=168080&d=1444097020

GOOD LUCK to all of you :thumb:

Selected at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Another epic video! I can't imagine pushing 37's through those rocks with no power steering! I have a hard enough time with 35's and working steering in much easier terrain that I swear I'm going hydro assist when I step up to 37's.

Thanks for sharing such a well shot video and challenging run with all of us.

Congratulations!! :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

NevadaZielmeister
08-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Do I get the shot glasses if I am first to post?

Sudz
08-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Do I get the shot glasses if I am first to post?No, the second post does :bleh:

Kumar
08-03-2015, 12:56 AM
Woohoo...I get to watch it before I go to bed.

sean.m.adams33
08-03-2015, 01:05 AM
3 miles.... I cannot believe that. What an awesome adventure and a great video. Thanks eddie and cindy for all the hard work. Another Great wayalife video for the books. :thumb::thumb:

Wethy
08-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Soo pumped. Ps who won the last ones for the guess the length

RickyI
08-03-2015, 01:07 AM
No, the second post does :bleh:

What about the third post? :-)
Great Movie! Eddie, Cindy & all the keepers, you guys rocked!

Ricky

Arizona
08-03-2015, 01:07 AM
So stoked, Ive been waiting all day!

ramin
08-03-2015, 01:11 AM
Very cool! I want a do over:)

TheStick
08-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Hard

F'ing

Core

robx251
08-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Excellent video! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful trip and thank you so much for bringing the rest of us along for the ups and downs of an amazing ride.

BlacknRedJK
08-03-2015, 01:14 AM
Wow! Turned out amazing! Thank you again for all the hours behind the screen to give us such high quality films! Cheers!

Napalm90
08-03-2015, 01:14 AM
"Over boulders more bodacious than Kim Kardashian's ass" lol. Great video

wschilawski
08-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Great vid as always - incredible trails you find out there! Keep it up!

CREEPR
08-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Love that he thought he was going to stop the roll by reaching out to stiff arm the rock!

Great video!

RanchoRubi
08-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Damn! that was a long long awesome day

TwistedJK
08-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Awesome video, as usual!

hhunter050
08-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Loved it! Awesome editing👍

Trail Bud
08-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Just watched it and it totally awesome!! The music the edits made it a fantastic video. Congratulations on a job well done!!
Now I have to watch it again. :D

ttfhell
08-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Great job guys. That's my kind of fun!

SKT
08-03-2015, 01:24 AM

Another awesome video - great job!

That trail looks amazing too!

MotoMatthew
08-03-2015, 01:26 AM
Great job on all the legwork that made that run possible.

devonn216
08-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Awesome! Well worth the wait of course

Rharvey160
08-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Truly awesome video and hard core wheeling. My mall crawler would just tuck tail and run. Thanks for the hard work you and Cindy put into this video. Great job as always.

jkruiser
08-03-2015, 01:32 AM
That was awesome!!

MTG
Very cool.

Great job on the video!

We really enjoyed watching it and wished we were there. :yup:

shadowpaige64507
Awesome....truly awesome!!!

scull20
08-03-2015, 01:33 AM
Excellent as always!

tpietzsch
08-03-2015, 01:36 AM
Nice job, looked like all had fun.

Lando
08-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Eddie and Cindy,
Thank you guys so much for posting videos like these. I'm only 19 and don't have the money or the knowledge to do what you guys do. But I love learning and attempting to do these things myself. Thank you guys for always posting the best videos that always put a giant smile on my face because you guys get to live the dream everyday. That was a kickass video and can't wait for the next one!

boardsurfer
08-03-2015, 01:39 AM
Bust out the winch on the first rock. Yep, gonna be a long 3 miles. :-)

Coop
08-03-2015, 01:39 AM
Awesome adventure! Truly an adventure! Great team, great Jeeps!

Scrambler
08-03-2015, 01:41 AM
Nice video. Well worth the wait. 👍🏻

ERAUGrad04
08-03-2015, 01:42 AM
Excellent job Eddie and Cindy!! The video came out great. Can't wait to watch it again! :thumbup:

rogerk93
08-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Awesome job putting that video together.

MR.Ty
08-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Enjoyed the hell out of it! Can't wait for the next one. :yup:

JK07
Another great Wayalife video!! Thanks!

Jkratt
What a crazy trail. 3 miles of hell. It appears the trail's name sums it up. Great video.

ironarrow
08-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Great as always! :rock:

atxbold
08-03-2015, 01:48 AM
New YouTube crack!!! Woohoo!. Great video and killer trail. I can't believe how hard that looked. I only have JK Experience videos to compare to but wow. Impressive and makes me want to spend more money on the JK.

thardy
08-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Another incredible video you guys! That trail was intense!

4x4Jesus
08-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Great job as usual another great wayalife video! What a hard core trail!!

dillard09
08-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Epic! 3 miles of awesomeness! Well done everyone!

Mtsnowjk
08-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Totally awesome! Thanks for capturing all the action. So jealous...

Strike Force Zebra
08-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Great as always!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Someday, I hope to run a trail with you guys....

Jgarch
I can't wait until I have a chance to watch the whole thing. I'm fascinated already by your description.

chester
Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

jeeeep
08-03-2015, 01:56 AM
That was great! wow 3 miles 15 hours...

I do have to say once the sun set I started hearing the Gilligan's Island theme song in my head :beer::beer::beer: :thumb:

Zechisan
08-03-2015, 02:05 AM
Intense! Looks like one hell of a trip. Thanks for sharing guys! I look forward to every video like it's my birthday or something! 😊

JKStair
08-03-2015, 02:08 AM
Awesome adventure and video!!:rock:

Trail JK
08-03-2015, 02:09 AM
Wow!! That trail is gnarly!!! Looks awesome! Nice job everyone! Eddie and Cindy crazy cool video!!

ricko1320
08-03-2015, 02:10 AM
Great vid of an awesome trail. Funny the blm is so worried about the bighorn, they hang around the shoulder of I-8 munching grass as traffic roars by.

Dean454
08-03-2015, 02:10 AM
So good to see you guys again. Seems like it's been forever since your last video. Great job as always...oh and get to work on the Moab video.

Thorwon
08-03-2015, 02:11 AM
That's THE COOLEST THING I've ever seen!!!!!

Rccrwlr
08-03-2015, 02:14 AM
Wow. Those are some big rocks! Great video as always! Cheers

CastleRockJeep
08-03-2015, 02:14 AM
Awesome video! I hope one day my jeep will get me through one of those obstacles in one piece!!

gleno99
08-03-2015, 02:15 AM
That's a great video! 15 hours to go 3 miles! Crazy!

RoadRageJKU
08-03-2015, 02:15 AM
i love these videos, now to just sell a kidney so i can build a rig worthy of one of these videos..

ozzie
08-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Wow what another great video. 15 hrs for 3 miles crazy but awesome. Thank Eddie and Cindy

Petthefish
08-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Yes!!! Watching on the big screen!! 157119

Brankz
08-03-2015, 02:19 AM
I liked it 👍

dcbjk
08-03-2015, 02:28 AM
That was absolutely unbelievable video thank you Eddie and Cindy for your time and effort :thumb:

The trail was amazing cant get over how it was only 3 miles and took 15 hours to complete just amazing :thumb:

tobias lopez
08-03-2015, 02:28 AM
Like always great vid!!

kpig
08-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what's next.

Hobolobo
08-03-2015, 02:43 AM
And thats why you cut stock fenders instead of buying steel ones.

rampagejk
08-03-2015, 02:43 AM
Ed and Cindy,

You got an A plus for video. As always! Great trail! WOW!

Buster3479
08-03-2015, 02:45 AM
Another epic video! I can't imagine pushing 37's through those rocks with no power steering! I have a hard enough time with 35's and working steering in much easier terrain that I swear I'm going hydro assist when I step up to 37's.

Linebacker
08-03-2015, 02:46 AM
Wow, just wow!! Learned a couple of things from this epic vid. Stock axles are way tougher than I thought and factory skids get the job done.:yup:

RUBINOT
08-03-2015, 02:54 AM
Awesome video !!!!! Fantastic journey

Tree Frog
08-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Wow!

Very good video. Thank you for taking the time to not only run this trail, but to film it as well.

The Wife and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks again.

dchotrod
08-03-2015, 02:55 AM
It's really cool for an east coast family to be able to "take part" in stuff like this. Thanks for the work & sharing!

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 02:57 AM
3 miles.... I cannot believe that. What an awesome adventure and a great video. Thanks eddie and cindy for all the hard work. Another Great wayalife video for the books. :thumb::thumb:

Yeah, only 3 miles long. It was crazy tough and we did encourage everyone to take on the hardest lines. That plus we filmed everyone with more than one camera so it was an epic day for sure. Of course, the break we had didn't help anything :crazyeyes:

Glad you enjoyed it :yup:

So stoked, Ive been waiting all day!

Hope it was worth it :cool:

Very cool! I want a do over:)

No kidding!! I think we're gonna have to figure out a way to make it happen again :yup:

Hard

F'ing

Core

LOL!! Well, it was a bit tougher than going to the mall. :crazyeyes:

Excellent video! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful trip and thank you so much for bringing the rest of us along for the ups and downs of an amazing ride.

So glad that you could experience some of the wheeling we do through our videos :)

Wow! Turned out amazing! Thank you again for all the hours behind the screen to give us such high quality films! Cheers!

Thank you, we really do appreciate the kind words and so glad you enjoyed it.

"Over boulders more bodacious than Kim Kardashian's ass" lol. Great video

:cheesy: I was wondering if anyone would catch that :D

Great vid as always - incredible trails you find out there! Keep it up!

Love that he thought he was going to stop the roll by reaching out to stiff arm the rock!

Great video!

LOL!! To be fair, it is one of the hardest things to remember - to keep your hands INSIDE your Jeep as you will NOT be able to stop your Jeep from going over. I don't think Don has ever done it again since this trip. :D

Damn! that was a long long awesome day

So glad that you were able to join us for this run :thumb:

BigCrush
08-03-2015, 02:59 AM
Awesome video, thanks so much for sharing! BTW, does everyone carry a spare axle shaft(s)?

Chand89
08-03-2015, 03:01 AM
When is the JKX videos coming out?

Rome
08-03-2015, 03:03 AM
Back in the mid-1800’s, a stage route was established across the Jacumba Mountains which are located along the Mexican border and just south of the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Its purpose was to connect the growing towns of San Diego, California and Yuma, Arizona and while improvements were made to help accommodate the very first automobiles back in the early 1900’s, the route was abandoned after the completion of U.S. Highway 80 and the subsequent Interstate 8. Thanks to a major storm in the 1970’s, a portion of the route that cut through Devil’s Canyon was washed away and for the most part, all but lost to history.

Cindy and I first heard about Devil's Canyon about 10 years ago after reading about a few guys who went looking for this old stage route and to see if it could still be run. Soon after its rediscovery, it became one of the hottest trails to run in the San Diego and Imperial County area and because of it, the BLM quickly shut it down as the area was home to endangered Big Horn Sheep. Since that time, we had all but forgotten about this trail but after getting recent word that people were running it again and legally, we knew it was something we had to look into.

After doing some research, I found that the BLM was in fact allowing LIMITED access to Devil's Canyon but ONLY WITH A PERMIT. And, what I can tell you is that unless you're planning to run this trail with Tierra del Sol or another club that has access to it, you might as well still consider this trail to be CLOSED! Not only do you have to apply for a $100 permit 180 days in advance, you are only allowed to run the trail on one of seven Saturday's between October 1st and April 30th and it cannot be on a Saturday following a previous run. In addition to that, you are limited in the amount of vehicles that can participate, you will need to fill out a 27 page application that requires you to include plans for medical emergencies and evacuation routes which, really is all fair and reasonable enough but, what will ultimately stump most people and almost stumped us as well is the proof of liability insurance the BLM requires for $500,000 per occurrence and a $1,000,000 aggregate! I should note that just about every insurance company I called with the hopes of obtaining a one day policy like this laughed at me and told me that the BLM is effectively telling people that they don't want anyone on the trail! 7 months after I had applied for our permit and with any hopes of getting an an insurance policy starting to run out, Off Road Evolution stepped up to the plate and offered to let us ride on their policy. Needless to say, a BIG THANK YOU needs to go out to them for making this run and this film possible.

Unfortunately for us, by the time we got everything in order, the only Saturday left for us to run the trail was the last one of April. Needless to say, summer was already in full force down in the Yuha Desert and daytime temps were already well within the triple digits. Also, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler known as Moby was out of commission and so we would have to run it in our newer 2012 JK known as Rubicat. While this wouldn't normally be a problem, it had a blown power steering pump and we wouldn't be able to get a replacement until after the run. Of course, being that this was the only chance we might ever have at running this amazing trail, Cindy and I decided we needed to just do it regardless of having to do it handicapped.

Along for the ride on this epic trek, we had Doug, his daughter Jessa, her boyfriend Jim, Moochie, Don, Et, Tony, Stephanie, Derek, Ray, his son Kevin and tagging along as a support photographer, we had our friends Dave and Laura joining us as well. In all, we had a total of 8 Jeep JK Wrangler in our group and most of which were just running 37" tires. As far as lift kits go, a few in our group were running EVO Bolt-On coil overs, a couple had EVO DTD with EVO Levers and one was running a Full-Traction long arm kit. Aside from Doug who was running Dyantrac ProRock 60's front and rear, just about everyone else was running factory axles. Essentially, we were just a group of regular people in moderate to semi-well built rigs.

The Devil's Canyon trail is approximately 3 miles long and roughly parallels the westbound lanes of Interstate 8. If you run the trail east to west like we did, it's an uphill climb to the top, over large granite boulders more bodacious than Kim Kardashian's ass and with deep soft sand in between just to kick things up a notch. While it did ultimately take us 15 hours to run and required us to do some unintended night wheeling, it should be noted that EVERYONE in our group was encouraged to take on ALL the biggest obstacles and be individually filmed doing it as well. This slowed thing down for us tremendously and we really need to thank all our friends for their patience and understanding for what we were trying to do. If this was the only time we would ever get to run this trail, we wanted to make sure we documented everything as carefully as possible and we hope that you enjoy this film we made from it.

Ladies and gentlemen... BEDEVILED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bo6ZdzotGI

Enter to WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you missed out on our last WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, you now have another chance to WIN a pair for yourself! All you have to do is post up a response on this thread and you will automatically be entered into our new drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Sunday, August 9th and you will not have to be online to win.

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154999&d=1437505298

GOOD LUCK to all of you :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

Thank you all for the hard work put in for this. Great job.

kpwish
08-03-2015, 03:05 AM
Awesome video. Thanks guys for all the work you do.

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Loved it! Awesome editing

Thank you. Editing is by far one of the hardest parts of making a film like this. We really appreciate you taking notice of our efforts.

Just watched it and it totally awesome!! The music the edits made it a fantastic video. Congratulations on a job well done!!
Now I have to watch it again. :D

LOL!! It was great to have you along for this run. Can't wait to do more runs like it with you in the near future :yup:

Great job guys. That's my kind of fun!

Thanks Russ, I think you would have enjoyed this trail for sure. :yup:

Great job on all the legwork that made that run possible.

Thanks - believe me, there was a lot of legwork (in the literal sense as well) to make this film possible.

Awesome! Well worth the wait of course

Glad to hear it, thank you. :cool:

Truly awesome video and hard core wheeling. My mall crawler would just tuck tail and run. Thanks for the hard work you and Cindy put into this video. Great job as always.

:cheesy: Well, I hope you know that if you had joined us for this run, we would have done all that we could to help you through it :yup:

Very cool.

Great job on the video!

We really enjoyed watching it and wished we were there. :yup:

Glad to hear you and your family enjoyed it and I hope you will be able to join us on runs like this in the future. :yup:

Eddie and Cindy,
Thank you guys so much for posting videos like these. I'm only 19 and don't have the money or the knowledge to do what you guys do. But I love learning and attempting to do these things myself. Thank you guys for always posting the best videos that always put a giant smile on my face because you guys get to live the dream everyday. That was a kickass video and can't wait for the next one!

Lando, we're truly flattered by your kind words, thank you. We're so happy to know our films could have an impact like this on someone like you. :blush:

Bust out the winch on the first rock. Yep, gonna be a long 3 miles. :-)

Oh yeah, we right there and then it was going to be a long day :crazyeyes:

Excellent job Eddie and Cindy!! The video came out great. Can't wait to watch it again! :thumbup:

Glad to hear that it was good enough for you to want to watch again :cool:

Enjoyed the hell out of it! Can't wait for the next one. :yup:

Thanks Ty, we really do appreciate it!

What a crazy trail. 3 miles of hell. It appears the trail's name sums it up. Great video.

It really was hell to run but almost more so just to get a permit to run it. The trail's name really does sum it all up. :crazyeyes:

New YouTube crack!!! Woohoo!. Great video and killer trail. I can't believe how hard that looked. I only have JK Experience videos to compare to but wow. Impressive and makes me want to spend more money on the JK.

Thank you, we're so glad that you enjoyed it and hope that it could compare to some of the JK-Experience videos we've done in the past.

Another incredible video you guys! That trail was intense!

The trails out there are no joke but this one really took the cake for sure. :crazyeyes:

Great job as usual another great wayalife video! What a hard core trail!!

Well, it wasn't easy by any means but is almost harder just to get a permit to run it.

Epic! 3 miles of awesomeness! Well done everyone!

Thank you, it really was 3 miles I will never forget :crazyeyes:

Totally awesome! Thanks for capturing all the action. So jealous...

Thank you, we really try our hardest and we're glad that we were able to capture as much as we were able to.

Great as always!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Someday, I hope to run a trail with you guys....

That would be awesome if you could join us some day.

OverlanderJK
08-03-2015, 03:15 AM
Nice video! Looks like a fun trail!

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 03:16 AM
I can't wait until I have a chance to watch the whole thing. I'm fascinated already by your description.

Well, I hope you're not disappointed by what you see when you can finally see it :crazyeyes:

That was great! wow 3 miles 15 hours...

I do have to say once the sun set I started hearing the Gilligan's Island theme song in my head :beer::beer::beer: :thumb:

That's a great video! 15 hours to go 3 miles! Crazy!

Wow what another great video. 15 hrs for 3 miles crazy but awesome. Thank Eddie and Cindy

That was absolutely unbelievable video thank you Eddie and Cindy for your time and effort :thumb:

The trail was amazing cant get over how it was only 3 miles and took 15 hours to complete just amazing :thumb:

LOL!! I think we were hearing the Gilligan's Island theme song too :crazyeyes:
The trail was tough for sure but really, I have to give a BIG THANKS to all our friends for being so patient with us. We for sure could have run the trail faster but filming, and doing it the way we wanted took a lot more time. Of course, the break and wheeling on crazy big rocks in the dark didn't help much :crazyeyes:

Intense! Looks like one hell of a trip. Thanks for sharing guys! I look forward to every video like it's my birthday or something! 

LOL!! Thank you, we're so glad to hear it :yup:

Wow!! That trail is gnarly!!! Looks awesome! Nice job everyone! Eddie and Cindy crazy cool video!!

It's without question, one of the harder trails we've run. Glad you enjoyed the film - we miss you and Ray.

Great vid of an awesome trail. Funny the blm is so worried about the bighorn, they hang around the shoulder of I-8 munching grass as traffic roars by.

Don't even get me started, the whole thing is a joke and really, just a way for them to keep the trail closed without having it being "officially" closed. :naw:

Wow. Those are some big rocks! Great video as always! Cheers

Well, they were a bit bigger than the speed bumps at the local mall, that's for sure :crazyeyes:

Awesome video! I hope one day my jeep will get me through one of those obstacles in one piece!!

You know, with the right friends to help you though, I have no doubts that your Jeep could get you through something like this.

i love these videos, now to just sell a kidney so i can build a rig worthy of one of these videos..

:cheesy: Honestly, with a little time, patience and good spotting, you'd be surprised at what your Jeep could do as is. :yup:

Yes!!! Watching on the big screen!! 157119

That is so cool :thumb:

And thats why you cut stock fenders instead of buying steel ones.

That's what I keep telling people but some still think I'm just a hater :crazyeyes:

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Totally awesome. Thank you for creating and sharing.

Ed and Cindy,

You got an A plus for video. As always! Great trail! WOW!

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it :cool:

Honestly, I was sore for days after this run. If it had been any other trail, I would have taken a rain check. Being that we really only had this one shot at running it - we just bit the bullet and did it in spite of our handicap. It totally sucked!

Wow, just wow!! Learned a couple of things from this epic vid. Stock axles are way tougher than I thought and factory skids get the job done.:yup:

Oh yeah, stock axles and factory skids are what I ran on this trail and still run up front on Rubicat. I just don't understand why so many people are so eager to spend money on things they don't really need. :crazyeyes:

Wow!

Very good video. Thank you for taking the time to not only run this trail, but to film it as well.

The Wife and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks again.

So glad to hear both you and your wife enjoyed the film :yup:

It's really cool for an east coast family to be able to "take part" in stuff like this. Thanks for the work & sharing!

We're so glad that you could enjoy a run like this through our videos. :cool:

Awesome video, thanks so much for sharing! BTW, does everyone carry a spare axle shaft(s)?

No, not everyone. We try to distribute the load so that everyone has a bit of everything. :yup:

When is the JKX videos coming out?

We are no longer participating on the JKX and we are not making any videos for them.

Nice video! Looks like a fun trail!

It's fun for sure but it so hard to run legally, it's almost not even worth it. Maybe someday we'll go through the trouble to make it happen again and if we do, you'll have to join us. :yup:

Stalter08Rubi
08-03-2015, 03:28 AM
I hope at some point in the future I get the opportunity to wheel with you Eddie, I'd love to meet the people behind my favorite videos and my favorite app on my phone haha. It's been an honor to be a part of the huge community you and Cindy have created.

nelsonrullan
08-03-2015, 03:30 AM
Congrats, nice work, soundtrack editing very very good, I'm a big fan. I wish someday I could join you on a trail. Best wishes to you and your fam.

zombjep
08-03-2015, 03:30 AM
Awesome video! My favorite part was Don sticking his arm out of the Jeep. Didn't you learn anything from Disneyland Don?:bleh: Another great adventure from the WOL crew. Thanks for sharing.

iRonin
08-03-2015, 03:36 AM
Another solid entry into the library; sometimes the best trail memories are the ones that took the extra hours to complete.

Also, crazy how much red tape it took to get to run it, judging by the size of those boulders you'd think they'd just let them act as natural gatekeepers :)

Finally- solid cinematography. I wish I had the premier skills to do half as well :) thanks for sharing!

simspace
08-03-2015, 03:37 AM
Great video. Holy cow ... 3 miles in 15 hours. I'm impressed with all the smiles at 1:00 am.

But if you're having fun with great friends, I suppose it's not hard to walk away with a smile after such an achievement.

Thanks for the video. I look forward to the next one. I hope I get to join you on a trip one day.

-Chris
u2act.com (http://u2act.com)

Pthorpe84
08-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Outstanding video. Tough day for sure and with no power steering...should have brought moby.

CarolinaJK
08-03-2015, 03:41 AM
An amazing video as always guys!

taher2.1
08-03-2015, 03:41 AM
Way cool. I was waiting for this one.

Petthefish
08-03-2015, 03:43 AM
Just another trip to the mall hahah. Simply amazing and like everyone else said 3 miles and 15 hours. Sheesh. I love the night shots. Great stuff I need a smoke after all the build up for weeks and to finally finish it awesome. 157132

Panda
08-03-2015, 03:45 AM
Great video guys! :clap2: That looks like a tough trail there

wayoflife
I hope at some point in the future I get the opportunity to wheel with you Eddie, I'd love to meet the people behind my favorite videos and my favorite app on my phone haha. It's been an honor to be a part of the huge community you and Cindy have created.

Well, I do hope you are able to join us on one of our runs in the near future. It would be our honor to have you along for the fun :yup:

Congrats, nice work, soundtrack editing very very good, I'm a big fan. I wish someday I could join you on a trail. Best wishes to you and your fam.

Thanks, glad you liked it and the soundtrack too. with any luck, we will get a chance to wheel together someday :yup:

Awesome video! My favorite part was Don sticking his arm out of the Jeep. Didn't you learn anything from Disneyland Don?:bleh: Another great adventure from the WOL crew. Thanks for sharing.

LOL!! Instinct is a hard thing to keep in check. :crazyeyes:

Another solid entry into the library; sometimes the best trail memories are the ones that took the extra hours to complete.

Also, crazy how much red tape it took to get to run it, judging by the size of those boulders you'd think they'd just let them act as natural gatekeepers :)

Finally- solid cinematography. I wish I had the premier skills to do half as well :) thanks for sharing!

Without question, it's the hard runs that you really remember the most. As far as the red tape goes, I'm pretty sure the BLM never wanted to reopen the trail at all. This is just their way of saying that it is still open without actually being open to everyone. :naw:

Great video. Holy cow ... 3 miles in 15 hours. I'm impressed with all the smiles at 1:00 am.

But if you're having fun with great friends, I suppose it's not hard to walk away with a smile after such an achievement.

Thanks for the video. I look forward to the next one. I hope I get to join you on a trip one day.

-Chris

Honestly, it's only because we were all with good friends that a run like this could be so memorable and in a good way. :yup:

Outstanding video. Tough day for sure and with no power steering...should have brought moby.

Believe me, I would have preferred to take Moby but he was out with transmission problems. :grayno:

Armydog
"Moderate to semi-well built rigs". LMFAO!!!!

smokin dave
08-03-2015, 03:46 AM
Fantastic!!! So worth the wait. You do such a great job with these videos I can only hope to be a part of one, one day.

piginajeep
08-03-2015, 03:47 AM
"Moderate to semi-well built rigs". LMFAO!!!!

No offense to jeep fan. But his rig is a moderate built jeep.

But they can both drive!!

USMC Wrangler
08-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Another outstanding video on another incredible trail! Thanks to everyone involved!

RoughRider
08-03-2015, 03:49 AM
Awesome video!

dwvninety
08-03-2015, 04:02 AM
Wow unbelievable, what an awesome video. That trail looks like carnage waiting to happen. Glad everyone made it out safe.

Clem319
08-03-2015, 04:09 AM
Another great video and an insane trail. Once in a lifetime opportunity to run it for sure.

Armydog
08-03-2015, 04:13 AM
Freeking Awesome video! That trail rocks!

Trail JK
08-03-2015, 04:16 AM
It's without question, one of the harder trails we've run. Glad you enjoyed the film - we miss you and Ray.

Likewise friend, we need to get out on another run soon!

Watched the film again! Doug looks like he had a blast! Et was munching through those rocks! Don gets best flex just after the reach out... sick shot! And holy moly Stephanie, you get bad a$$ chick of the year!... You're up there with Cindy on your driving, well done!

Perfect way to end the weekend! #wayalifefilmsputasmileonmyface

Highpocketse5
08-03-2015, 04:16 AM
Great video! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

r2fasani
08-03-2015, 04:20 AM
Awesome video Eddie and Cindy! Loved it. What a gnarly trail. But it was so awesome to see those JKs pushed to the limits. Thanks for making it, sharing it, and hosting this awesome forum and community!

mcsjk
08-03-2015, 04:23 AM
THANK YOU Eddie and Cindy for the awesome video!

Just curious, were y'all running with your sway bars connected? Not too many rocks here in the southeast so I don't have any experience with them. If you are, what would the advantage of that be over disconnecting?

But also, thank you again. Really a very impressive trail, trip and video.

JakeJK
08-03-2015, 04:39 AM
How many of you guys actually run the 3.8 that came in the jeep?

drafh
08-03-2015, 04:44 AM
Another great WAYALIFER video. I've already watched it twice. Thanks for always producing quality videos.

tharb5111
08-03-2015, 04:51 AM
Fantastic adventure! Thanks for sharing the passion!
Loved it!

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Just another trip to the mall hahah. Simply amazing and like everyone else said 3 miles and 15 hours. Sheesh. I love the night shots. Great stuff I need a smoke after all the build up for weeks and to finally finish it awesome.

LOL!! Yup, just another trip to the mall :D Well, as I had said earlier, a lot of the time had to do with the fact that we were having everyone take on the hardest obstacles we could and we made sure to film them individually. That takes a lot of time to do and we were just grateful that everyone was cool with it especially being there was nothing cool about the daytime temps!

Great video guys! :clap2: That looks like a tough trail there

Well, it certainly wasn't one of the easiest we've done. For sure there were lines we could have taken that were a lot easier but what fun would that be :crazyeyes:

No offense to jeep fan. But his rig is a moderate built jeep.

But they can both drive!!

This ^^^ :yup:

Wow unbelievable, what an awesome video. That trail looks like carnage waiting to happen. Glad everyone made it out safe.

Oh yeah, carnage was waiting for us for sure and we were asking for it too :D

Another great video and an insane trail. Once in a lifetime opportunity to run it for sure.

It really is a great trail and what's insane about it is how hard it is to actually be able to run it.

Likewise friend, we need to get out on another run soon!

Watched the film again! Doug looks like he had a blast! Et was munching through those rocks! Don gets best flex just after the reach out... sick shot! And holy moly Stephanie, you get bad a$$ chick of the year!... You're up there with Cindy on your driving, well done!

Perfect way to end the weekend! #wayalifefilmsputasmileonmyface

Definitely need to get out again soon :yup:

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Awesome video Eddie and Cindy! Loved it. What a gnarly trail. But it was so awesome to see those JKs pushed to the limits. Thanks for making it, sharing it, and hosting this awesome forum and community!

Glad you liked it and glad that you enjoy the forum as well. :yup:

THANK YOU Eddie and Cindy for the awesome video!

Just curious, were y'all running with your sway bars connected? Not too many rocks here in the southeast so I don't have any experience with them. If you are, what would the advantage of that be over disconnecting?

But also, thank you again. Really a very impressive trail, trip and video.

All the Jeeps you see are JK Rubicons. They have electronic sway bar disconnects - the links are not removed like you would do on a Sport of Sahara. Granted, there were a couple of times where some of us may have accidentally left the sway bar connected :blush:

How many of you guys actually run the 3.8 that came in the jeep?

Actually, all but the Dozer Yellow JK was running 3.8L

Another great WAYALIFER video. I've already watched it twice. Thanks for always producing quality videos.

LOL!! We're so glad to hear it was good enough to see again, thank you. :cool:

Fantastic adventure! Thanks for sharing the passion!
Loved it!

It's what we love doing and we're so glad that you enjoy our films. :yup:

Davwashere
08-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Great video as always! Trips like that is why I always pack extra food and water. You never know how late it's going to be when you finally make it off the trail.

JakeJK
08-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Glad you liked it and glad that you enjoy the forum as well. :yup:

All the Jeeps you see are JK Rubicons. They have electronic sway bar disconnects - the links are not removed like you would do on a Sport of Sahara. Granted, there were a couple of times where some of us may have accidentally left the sway bar connected :blush:

Actually, all but the Dozer Yellow JK was running 3.8L

LOL!! We're so glad to hear it was good enough to see again, thank you. :cool:

It's what we love doing and we're so glad that you enjoy our films. :yup:

Haha that's good to know that my 3.8 will treat me well :D

mcsjk
08-03-2015, 05:10 AM

That's what I get for posting at 1am. I knew that, my brain just didn't want to tell me. :doh:

Thanks for clarifying.

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 05:12 AM
Great video as always! Trips like that is why I always pack extra food and water. You never know how late it's going to be when you finally make it off the trail.

LOL!! That is the truth!! You just never know :crazyeyes:

Haha that's good to know that my 3.8 will treat me well :D

Oh yeah, the 3.8 is a great motor. May not have the most HP in the world but it is at least tested and reliable.

That's what I get for posting at 1am. I knew that, my brain just didn't want to tell me. :doh:

Thanks for clarifying.

:crazyeyes: It's all good by me :cool:

mcw*402
08-03-2015, 05:16 AM
Another awesome video. Hopefully I can get my jeep out on the trail one of these days. Until then I'll have to continue to live vicariously through ya'll...lol....keep'em coming

rizzicon
08-03-2015, 05:58 AM
That's a crazy 3miles. Great vid ! I could always watch more. Ha

Peak
08-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all the time and effort you put into this and all your videos. This one turned out awesome!

Templar
08-03-2015, 06:15 AM
That was Epic :)

JAGS
08-03-2015, 06:18 AM
Gathered the wife and kids before bed and enjoyed the latest film. Nothing is quite better than experiencing through the eyes and ears of my now 11 year olds. We all truly enjoyed it. Thanks for giving us wayalife and a chance to bond. Be it on the trail or in the movie room. You guys rock. 👍👍👍

Petthefish
08-03-2015, 06:25 AM
Is it bad that I have watched it twice now and it's only been out a few hours lol

Hightower
08-03-2015, 06:37 AM
In Canadian that trail is way longer its 4.82 km :eek: long.:twocents: :cheesy::cheesy:

Rad video guy:thumb:

AZMikeD
08-03-2015, 06:39 AM
Great video! Really enjoyed it!

Cencal
08-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Nice!

What a trail!

JeepJeep75
08-03-2015, 06:47 AM
What a truly great film!! Thank you Eddie for making us, the viewers, feel like we were there. Holy crap!! What a trail!! Let's face it WAL friends, this is what all of us aspire to do, and these people take it up to the unobtianium level!!! I humbly bow, and thank all of you involved in this film.

swag247
08-03-2015, 06:48 AM
As always, great video. Cindy and yourself do great production on your videos and they just keep getting better. That was an amazing rock garden, surprised there was not much more carnage!

DManuel
08-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Great film! Very glad Laura and I were able to ride along on this one. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. As always, you and Cindy did an excellent job of capturing the true essence of an epic trail run. Congratulations to you both!

LeighP
08-03-2015, 07:43 AM
Geez....three miles? Looks like 30. :thumb:

Kumar
08-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Thanks for another excellent film! That's has to be the longest 3 miles ever. I only hope to someday be able to build my rig up to the level of those in the film to be able to partake in adventures like this.

JAGS
08-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Ok, just watched it again. Must say the candid expressions and commentary along the way from all the drivers really gives some perspective of the kind of day it was. Nobody captures that like wayalife films. Great job again Eddie and Cindy.

Dopey84
08-03-2015, 08:17 AM
As always great video!! Jealousy has overcome this guy👌🏼

kevinlee
08-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Great video thank you for sharing it

BlackHawk08jk
08-03-2015, 09:45 AM
What an awesome video. Even though you had all that trouble on the trail I'm still green with envy that you guys got to run that trail.

MattAlpha
08-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Another awesome video!

I also liked that you listed the major modifications for each rig. That lets everyone know what is needed to make it through a trail of that difficulty level.

cozdude
08-03-2015, 11:18 AM
The video was AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the great backstory and awesome footage of everyone having fun! I made sure during the video to keep my hands inside the vehicle the whole time ;)

HoosierWolf
08-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Wow! Amazing video Eddie and Cindy.

I can't believe that was all in only 3 miles!

Jackal01
08-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Very cool trail. Great video as always. :yup:

glenn91YJ
08-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Watched it last night on the "Big Screen" using my Apple TV to connect to YouTube.
:clap2:GREAT PRODUCTION!!!!! :clap2:

Gadget
08-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Only 1 dent, 1 broken axle, not bad. No power steering had to be "fun".

ProtocolJK
08-03-2015, 12:50 PM
That video is awesome!! Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all the hard work and time you guys put into your films. They are definitely the best videos out. Someday I'll hopefully make it out west to wheel with you guys.

OJK12
08-03-2015, 01:45 PM
As always it was another amazing video! Well worth the wait!

mikhail2400
08-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Some people have all the luck! Cool vid

REKLESS-RED
08-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Great video. I am never disappointed with your work. Fantastic work. Thanks Eddie and Cindy!

Jgarch
08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Now that I've had time to watch it... That was one of the best I've seen! Looks like the trip was a blast! The editing was Very well done. All around, you guys are a bunch of pros! (But you probably already knew that.) Thanks for sharing this adventure!

serielle
08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
As always, very nicely done. This is a nice look at a trail that most of us will never see in person. Thank you!

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 02:33 PM
That's a crazy 3miles. Great vid ! I could always watch more. Ha

It really was some of the most exciting 3 miles I have run in a Jeep. Glad you enjoyed the film. :cool:

Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all the time and effort you put into this and all your videos. This one turned out awesome!

We're so glad to hear it.

Gathered the wife and kids before bed and enjoyed the latest film. Nothing is quite better than experiencing through the eyes and ears of my now 11 year olds. We all truly enjoyed it. Thanks for giving us wayalife and a chance to bond. Be it on the trail or in the movie room. You guys rock.

Thanks Jason, we're so glad to hear that your family was able to enjoy it as much as you did. As you know, it's always a good time with good friends out on the trail :yup:

Is it bad that I have watched it twice now and it's only been out a few hours lol

:cheesy: We're truly humbled that you'd want to watch our video more than once :blush:

In Canadian that trail is way longer its 4.82 km :eek: long.:twocents: :cheesy::cheesy:

Rad video guy:thumb:

:cheesy: Thanks Chris, that does help to make it sound longer for sure. Glad you liked it :D

What a truly great film!! Thank you Eddie for making us, the viewers, feel like we were there. Holy crap!! What a trail!! Let's face it WAL friends, this is what all of us aspire to do, and these people take it up to the unobtianium level!!! I humbly bow, and thank all of you involved in this film.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and are so glad that you enjoyed it.

As always, great video. Cindy and yourself do great production on your videos and they just keep getting better. That was an amazing rock garden, surprised there was not much more carnage!

Thank you, we always try our hardest if only because we so enjoy what we do. As far as carnage goes, we really took our time and we work very hard to try and avoid any damage or breaks on any of our rigs. Sure, it happens but we'd prefer not to have it.

Great film! Very glad Laura and I were able to ride along on this one. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. As always, you and Cindy did an excellent job of capturing the true essence of an epic trail run. Congratulations to you both!

Thanks Dave, we're so glad that you and Laura were able to join us and really appreciate all the photos you took from our crazy day. I hope the two of you will join us on future runs like this :yup:

Spudcannons
08-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Quite an epic adventure! Hard to believe the insurance requirement!

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Geez....three miles? Looks like 30. :thumb:

:cheesy: Sure felt like it too!! :crazyeyes:

Thanks for another excellent film! That's has to be the longest 3 miles ever. I only hope to someday be able to build my rig up to the level of those in the film to be able to partake in adventures like this.

Honestly, for a trail like this, the only thing you really would have needed was 35" on a 2-door or 37" for a 4-door and whatever is needed to get you to that point. Of course, rocker guards and tow points front and rear would be a requirement. Otherwise, you could get to this level without breaking the bank. Glad that you enjoyed the film. :yup:

Ok, just watched it again. Must say the candid expressions and commentary along the way from all the drivers really gives some perspective of the kind of day it was. Nobody captures that like wayalife films. Great job again Eddie and Cindy.

We're so glad that you appreciate seeing the people involved and the commentary.

What an awesome video. Even though you had all that trouble on the trail I'm still green with envy that you guys got to run that trail.

Well, we all knew that it was going to be a tough trail and really, that's part of the fun - being able to work with our good friends and together, get everyone through. It's one of the things that we missed about bigger organized events that we used to attend.

Another awesome video!

I also liked that you listed the major modifications for each rig. That lets everyone know what is needed to make it through a trail of that difficulty level.

Awesome, Cindy and I thought some of you would appreciate seeing specs on the rigs to give you a better idea of what we were running on this trail.

The video was AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the great backstory and awesome footage of everyone having fun! I made sure during the video to keep my hands inside the vehicle the whole time ;)

So glad you enjoyed it - HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend! :thumb:

Wow! Amazing video Eddie and Cindy.

I can't believe that was all in only 3 miles!

Yeah, it was a tough 3 miles for sure. Even if we didn't take on all the hardest lines and put away the camera, I think it still would have been a long day. :crazyeyes:

Watched it last night on the "Big Screen" using my Apple TV to connect to YouTube.
:clap2:GREAT PRODUCTION!!!!! :clap2:

Awesome, so glad that it looked good on a big screen :cool:

piginajeep
08-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Nicely done once again. I wasn't there of course but it sure felt like I was!!

I was waiting to hear Ring of fire by Johnny cash !

09blackruby
08-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Another great Wayalife video!! Thanks for keeping me entertained and dreaming about wheeling out west.

CharlieK
08-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Eddie and Cindy,
Thanks again for another KICK ASS video. Really nice touch with who is who and the break down of what each rig is running.

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Only 1 dent, 1 broken axle, not bad. No power steering had to be "fun".

The 1 dent could have been avoided and for that, I still feel bad as I was the one spotting everyone though and should have seen it. The 1 broke axle is really a surprise being that the rocks at the end were the real deal. They were crazy big but what really made it tough is that they were moving around and changing their position with each rig that came up. We easily could have seen more breaks like it but felt fortunate that we didn't. The power steering thing just SUCKED! If this were any other trail without all the stupid requirements that the BLM has in place, I would have just postponed the run until I could get one of my Jeeps working. Fortunately, all our friends were very patient with me having to go back and forth over and over again until I could kind of get my Jeep pointing in the direction that I needed or at least, in the times when it was even possible. :crazyeyes:

That video is awesome!! Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all the hard work and time you guys put into your films. They are definitely the best videos out. Someday I'll hopefully make it out west to wheel with you guys.

Thank you, there are a lot of videos out there and some that are made by paid professional film crews and we're glad that you would think so highly of ours. In a lot of ways, this was more of a home movie of our good friends out on a trail than anything. :crazyeyes:

As always it was another amazing video! Well worth the wait!

Great video. I am never disappointed with your work. Fantastic work. Thanks Eddie and Cindy!

Glad to hear it :cool:

Now that I've had time to watch it... That was one of the best I've seen! Looks like the trip was a blast! The editing was Very well done. All around, you guys are a bunch of pros! (But you probably already knew that.) Thanks for sharing this adventure!

:cheesy: We really appreciate it but professionals get paid to do what they do. Not that I'm complaining but really, Cindy and I have always enjoyed documenting all the fun we have on the trail and with our good friends. We're grateful to know that you enjoyed what we've made :yup:

As always, very nicely done. This is a nice look at a trail that most of us will never see in person. Thank you!

It really is sad to think but unfortunately, you're right and that sucks. Even if you lived in the area and had a Jeep capable of running this trail, the government has basically made it so that you can't run it - or at least, legally. :grayno:

Quite an epic adventure! Hard to believe the insurance requirement!

The insurance thing was the real kicker and what made getting a permit to run this trail near impossible or at least, for the average Joe.

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Nicely done once again. I wasn't there of course but it sure felt like I was!!

I was waiting to hear Ring of fire by Johnny cash !

LOL!! It sure felt like we were in a ring of fire on that trail. The song would have been prefect too but the copyright on it would have prevented us from airing the video on mobile devices. Sure wish you could have joined us on this run. I hope you'll be in a position in the near future to be able to join us for other runs like this. It would be great to see you and Jen on the trail again :yup:

Another great Wayalife video!! Thanks for keeping me entertained and dreaming about wheeling out west.

So glad to know that we can share a little of what we have out here to others around the country and around the world :cool:

Eddie and Cindy,
Thanks again for another KICK ASS video. Really nice touch with who is who and the break down of what each rig is running.

We're so glad that you enjoyed the film and being able to see who all our friends are. Glad to know the credits were helpful to you as well.

JLE21
08-03-2015, 03:03 PM
That night wheeling looked insane! Thanks for another great video :beer:

piginajeep
08-03-2015, 03:09 PM
LOL!! It sure felt like we were in a ring of fire on that trail. The song would have been prefect too but the copyright on it would have prevented us from airing the video on mobile devices. Sure wish you could have joined us on this run. I hope you'll be in a position in the near future to be able to join us for other runs like this. It would be great to see you and Jen on the trail again :yup:

So glad to know that we can share a little of what we have out here to others around the country and around the world :cool:

We're so glad that you enjoyed the film and being able to see who all our friends are. Glad to know the credits were helpful to you as well.

I know, it's been to long. I'm working in a replacement :)

stweasel
08-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Well worth the wait:clap2:

USMC Wrangler
08-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Watched with my 3 year old last night. My wife and 3 other kiddos were off doing something else. They told me this morning I have to watch it again tonight...Ok, twist my arm! :rock:

Can't get enough of all WAL videos! :yup: More please! :D

Jeepjunkeee
08-03-2015, 03:39 PM
great video guys. Im almost done with my 4dr then looking forward to memories and adventures with Wayalife

Sithwindu
08-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Awesome video!!! Loved it! Looked fun and intense all the way through! And Iv noticed a trend in toyo tires! Looks like they worked good for everyone

10frank9
08-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Fantastic production once again. Superior editing and videography thank you for everything that you do Eddie and Cindy. I watched it with my wife last night we both enjoyed it. It was definitely worth the wait.

kyleolson
08-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Masterpiece!!! One day maybe I will get to run it. 3 awesome miles I'm sure.

MudDog
08-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Awesome trek...great movie. Wish I had been there 👍👍👍

JK LYF
08-03-2015, 04:25 PM
As always, outstanding production. Best videos out there by far! Thank you both for what you do.

mcpuck
08-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Another awesome video guys! :thumb: We really appreciate all the hard work you two put into the adventures. An epic day on the trail with great friends in a place where very few travel - priceless!!! :yup:

I made sure during the video to keep my hands inside the vehicle the whole time ;)

steve, the funny part about that was Cindy’s voice behind me saying “I got that” on video … AARRGGHH please don’t use that!!! Oh well, the way the jeep lurched to the drivers side it was just a natural reaction; one that I have worked hard not to repeat! :blush:

RMC2
08-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Y'all had all that trouble, when the old timers drove Model A's down that road?

Awesome and hairy.

I loved the history at the beginning along with who the drivers were and the Jeep spec's at the end. Of course the rest was filled with nail biters. 5 hours a mile, wow. I miss the west.

I missed this yesterday. I was busy making custom jeep parts.

BlackHat
08-03-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't drink, great video though, big ass boulders crazy.
My kids could always use them for taking medicine.

Rocco7927
08-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Awesome video as usual!!

SJ21XDC
08-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Incredible trip and awesome job on the video!:thumb:
Thanks for taking the time to do this!

bsimon187
08-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Awesome vid! I am just waiting for WAL to start a video production company! Great job as always on the vids and commentary!

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 05:19 PM
That night wheeling looked insane! Thanks for another great video :beer:

LOL!! Yeah, the night wheeling sure did kick things up a notch or two :crazyeyes:

I know, it's been to long. I'm working in a replacement :)

Well hurry up, we've got all kinds of runs we'd like to do :D

Watched with my 3 year old last night. My wife and 3 other kiddos were off doing something else. They told me this morning I have to watch it again tonight...Ok, twist my arm! :rock:

Can't get enough of all WAL videos! :yup: More please! :D

Too funny, we're so glad that you enjoy our films :)

Awesome video!!! Loved it! Looked fun and intense all the way through! And Iv noticed a trend in toyo tires! Looks like they worked good for everyone

Oh, without question, Toyo MT's are one of the toughest tires we've ever run and in a 37, they have near bullet proof sidewalls. The only downside to them is that the Range E rating means you'll have a slightly rougher ride on pavement - that is, if you run them at 30 psi or higher.

Fantastic production once again. Superior editing and videography thank you for everything that you do Eddie and Cindy. I watched it with my wife last night we both enjoyed it. It was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks Frank, we're so glad that the two of you enjoyed it. We'll have to get you out on some trails like this in the future :cool:

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Masterpiece!!! One day maybe I will get to run it. 3 awesome miles I'm sure.

Thank you. It take a lot of work but, if you can make it happen, it's well worth the experience.

As always, outstanding production. Best videos out there by far! Thank you both for what you do.

Thank you. There are a lot of production companies out there and we're pretty small potatoes compared to them. We're glad that you would think so highly of our home movies :)

Another awesome video guys! :thumb: We really appreciate all the hard work you two put into the adventures. An epic day on the trail with great friends in a place where very few travel - priceless!!! :yup:

It really was awesome to have you out on this run with us. Can't wait till you get some more free time so that you can run more trails with us.

Y'all had all that trouble, when the old timers drove Model A's down that road?

Can you imagine? I think even when the route was maintained, it was still a rough ride. :crazyeyes:

Awesome vid! I am just waiting for WAL to start a video production company! Great job as always on the vids and commentary!

So glad that you enjoy the way we make our films :yup:

CUZZIN
08-03-2015, 05:26 PM
AWESOME video 0!!!!!!!0 , now that's what I call A WAY OF LIFE

TheStick
08-03-2015, 05:26 PM
the funny part about that was Cindy’s voice behind me saying “I got that” on video … AARRGGHH please don’t use that!!! Oh well, the way the jeep lurched to the drivers side it was just a natural reaction; one that I have worked hard not to repeat! :blush:

I did the same thing on the rubicon. Knew the second I did it too! It is hard to stop the brains reaction.

TheStick
08-03-2015, 05:27 PM
I don't drink, great video though, big ass boulders crazy.
My kids could always use them for taking medicine.

That is depressing!!! :D

big dr
08-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Great job on the video!! Maybe my favorite.

But if you are short on guys with 2 doors who want to run stuff like this,,, I'd like to offer my services!!!:brows::thumb::beer:

t8er
08-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Great video and crazy what it takes to run that trail.

NevadaZielmeister
08-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Thank you, there are a lot of videos out there and some that are made by paid professional film crews and we're glad that you would think so highly of ours. In a lot of ways, this was more of a home movie of our good friends out on a trail than anything. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: We really appreciate it but professionals get paid to do what they do. Not that I'm complaining but really, Cindy and I have always enjoyed documenting all the fun we have on the trail and with our good friends. We're grateful to know that you enjoyed what we've made :yup:

I cannot believe how you are so humble Eddie. This movie was produced EXTREMELY well. I have yet to find better produced movies with Jeeps. This production was very high quality and I just cannot overstate how enjoyable they are to watch.. again.. again… and again.

It is amazing how much fun 0.20 miles per hour is. I was never into rock crawling until I watched your videos. No I am excited so get started with my build next year. I hope to make one of your runs in the Fall of 2016. Also, your advise is much appreciated. The Jeeps in this video were clearly setup correctly and I especially appreciate the build information. I paused the video several times during this portion to take notes.

And man Eddie, did you look tired at 22:50. That was an epic trail that few people are adventurous enough to even try, and yet you filmed it. Awesome production skills, great off-roading skills, excellence all the way around here. Thank you.

jnabird333
08-03-2015, 06:32 PM
We (The whole Swank family) sat down to watch this last night just before bed. We all really enjoyed it.

We always enjoy the WAL videos but after getting to meet many of the stars in person, it was a somehow more special. I'm not sure I can explain it, but there was almost a bit of jelousy before for some of these guys and gals.... I'm still jealous :blush: , but it was different this time (for the better). We were watching friends, not just people.

FuriousDz
08-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Another awesome film!!!! Great job:clap2:

JeepFan
08-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Amazing video taken on one heck of a trail!! Steph and I are so grateful we had the privilege to run such a historic trail with great great friends. We had the time of our lives!

Eddie and Cindy... Your video really captured the essence of what we all experienced on that epic day... It is so cool to see all the great comments in this thread and that so many fellow Jeep enthusiast are able to enjoy and share in the experience through your video. Thank you both for all your hard work both on and off the trail! :thumb:

jnabird333
08-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Amazing video taken on one heck of a trail!! Steph and I are so grateful we had the privilege to run such a historic trail with great great friends. We had the time of our lives!

Eddie and Cindy... Your video really captured the essence of what we all experienced on that epic day... It is so cool to see all the great comments in this thread and that so many fellow Jeep enthusiast are able to enjoy and share in the experience through your video. Thank you both for all your hard work both on and off the trail! :thumb:

"popped a bead" :cheesy::cheesy:

JeepFan
08-03-2015, 07:26 PM
"popped a bead" :cheesy::cheesy:

LOL! Yep, blew the soles right out of both boots. :crazyeyes:

Gadget
08-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Thank you. It take a lot of work but, if you can make it happen, it's well worth the experience.

Thank you. There are a lot of production companies out there and we're pretty small potatoes compared to them. We're glad that you would think so highly of our home movies :)

I never would have thought to call your videos "home movies", DAMN GOOD home movies, absolutely !!

TwistedJK
08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Just finished watching this again, this time with the kids. They loved it. My 6 year old daughter asked me why our jeep doesn't have tires that big, so thanks for that guys! Lol. Now I HAVE to run some 37's

Back Country
08-03-2015, 08:32 PM
My 3 year old fell asleep watching last night and got pissed when I put him in bed without him seeing the end. Will have to watch it again after work.

jeepnjoe
08-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Looks like a fun adventure! Glad you guys had a great time, thanks for sharing such a well put together video, I really enjoyed watching it. 😊

SnailTrail
08-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Badass!! Another amazing video capturing an epic adventure. Thanks for taking the countless hours of editing and sharing with us. Time to go watch it again. Cheers :beer:

rev0079
08-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Know
Another excellent video. Was just through that area for work, so it was a treat to watch this.

jesse3638
08-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Didn't this run happen 2 years ago?...:crazyeyes: Like wine it got better with age...:thumb: I remember the pics from when you originally did it and honestly forgot you had filmed it. It came out great. Maybe if I talk to someone I could get some volunteer agreements in place and it'd be easier to run it in the future...;). Awesome job and its hard to believe that you produced this on the equipment you have at home.

BlackHawk08jk
08-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Well, we all knew that it was going to be a tough trail and really, that's part of the fun - being able to work with our good friends and together, get everyone through. It's one of the things that we missed about bigger organized events that we used to attend.

I love the challenge of a big group as well it's awesome feeling to see all the jeepers working together to conquer a trail.

ralphie
08-03-2015, 11:29 PM
OUTSTANDING GUYS!!!! as usual. and i can't believe i drive by that canyon just about every weekend to go wheel in the desert.

Charlie Mike
08-03-2015, 11:44 PM
By far my favorite WAYALIFE film so far. Hands down! :clap2::thumb:

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Great job on the video!! Maybe my favorite.

But if you are short on guys with 2 doors who want to run stuff like this,,, I'd like to offer my services!!!:brows::thumb::beer:

Honestly, it's not that we're short on guys with 2-doors, there just aren't very many out there who have one and want to wheel with us. We post up runs all the time and you're more than welcome to join us :yup:

I cannot believe how you are so humble Eddie. This movie was produced EXTREMELY well. I have yet to find better produced movies with Jeeps. This production was very high quality and I just cannot overstate how enjoyable they are to watch.. again.. again… and again.

It is amazing how much fun 0.20 miles per hour is. I was never into rock crawling until I watched your videos. No I am excited so get started with my build next year. I hope to make one of your runs in the Fall of 2016. Also, your advise is much appreciated. The Jeeps in this video were clearly setup correctly and I especially appreciate the build information. I paused the video several times during this portion to take notes.

And man Eddie, did you look tired at 22:50. That was an epic trail that few people are adventurous enough to even try, and yet you filmed it. Awesome production skills, great off-roading skills, excellence all the way around here. Thank you.

Thank you, we're truly flattered that you would think this and would say as much.

We (The whole Swank family) sat down to watch this last night just before bed. We all really enjoyed it.

We always enjoy the WAL videos but after getting to meet many of the stars in person, it was a somehow more special. I'm not sure I can explain it, but there was almost a bit of jelousy before for some of these guys and gals.... I'm still jealous :blush: , but it was different this time (for the better). We were watching friends, not just people.

Glad to hear you and the family were able to watch the video together and enjoyed it. It sure would be nice if we could do more runs like the Rubicon or even something like this in the future.

Thanks Tony, we had a great time with you and Steph and always appreciate all your help. Can't wait till we can get out and do another run with the two of you :yup:

I never would have thought to call your videos "home movies", DAMN GOOD home movies, absolutely !!

:cheesy:

wayoflife
08-03-2015, 11:49 PM
Just finished watching this again, this time with the kids. They loved it. My 6 year old daughter asked me why our jeep doesn't have tires that big, so thanks for that guys! Lol. Now I HAVE to run some 37's

LOL!! That's awesome. Be sure to post up pics of your Jeep once you have your new 37's on :cool:

My 3 year old fell asleep watching last night and got pissed when I put him in bed without him seeing the end. Will have to watch it again after work.

Well, I hope you enjoy it a 2nd time around :D

Didn't this run happen 2 years ago?...:crazyeyes: Like wine it got better with age...:thumb: I remember the pics from when you originally did it and honestly forgot you had filmed it. It came out great. Maybe if I talk to someone I could get some volunteer agreements in place and it'd be easier to run it in the future...;). Awesome job and its hard to believe that you produced this on the equipment you have at home.

Yup, like a lot of projects we've started in the past, we had to put this one on the back burner to work on the JKX videos. It's one of the biggest reasons why we've chosen not to attend them anymore. They just took way too much time out of our lives and away from what we really enjoy.

If there's ever a chance you could help us to run this trail in the future, please let me know! :yup:

By far my favorite WAYALIFE film so far. Hands down! :clap2::thumb:

I am so glad to hear that, thank you :cool:

jesse3638
08-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Yup, like a lot of projects we've started in the past, we had to put this one on the back burner to work on the JKX videos. It's one of the biggest reasons why we've chosen not to attend them anymore. They just took way too much time out of our lives and away from what we really enjoy.

If there's ever a chance you could help us to run this trail in the future, please let me know! :yup:

I'll talk to some people and see what I can do..;). I remember you and Cindy talking about that at the Newbie run. I'm sure the JKX were a blast to attend but with it being so time consuming I'm sure it starts to take some of the fun out of it.

Jermovi
08-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Once again, another great film. I can't imagine my little LJ Rubicon with 33's rolling through that canyon. You guys are amazing. I'm ever impressed with the level of equipment (Jeep and video) you guys have.

I love watching all of your videos and watch them regularly. There is no-one out there creating videos like you do. The level of story telling, music, image quality and yet you share it all for free. You guys rock. Thank you.

finger3
08-04-2015, 12:10 AM
That was a truly awesome video, as usual!!!.. Thank you guys so much for sharing your °lllllll° adventures.:beer:

David

channa371
08-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Awesome video guys. I'm moving to the east coast soon. Seeing this stuff is torture!

whtwlkr
08-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Another great video add always Eddie and Cindy. Inspiring as I'm just getting ready to start building out my new Rubicon!!!

JKRay
08-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Awesome video as always Eddie and Cindy!! Makes me miss all the great times on the trail!

jk12blk
08-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Very cool video! What a trail! Videos and pics don't generally do justice in terms of the actual size of things compared to when you are there in person. But even on video those rocks look huge. I can only imagine in person how big they really are! I did not know Trailbud was running a semi-float PR60 and doing just fine with 40s. In case I ever upgrade to a larger tire size, it is good to know the semi-float PR60 will handle the job. Thanks again for the great vid!

Spartan
08-04-2015, 12:26 AM
AWSOME as always!
Keep the movies coming!

Sporadic
08-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Very impressive Eddie and Cindy. I enjoyed watching every minute. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the WOL family and experience your adventures. It inspires me to make my own. 👏

Petthefish
08-04-2015, 01:10 AM
Wow just about 24 hours and over 6 thousand views!! Nice! I know three of them are from me and the boy lol157478

671JKU
08-04-2015, 01:23 AM
Man I wish Guam had trails like this! Awesome video and trail run.

wayoflife
08-04-2015, 01:38 AM
I'll talk to some people and see what I can do..;). I remember you and Cindy talking about that at the Newbie run. I'm sure the JKX were a blast to attend but with it being so time consuming I'm sure it starts to take some of the fun out of it.

Wow, that would be cool. Just remember that there's a limit as to how many people can go and there are only 7 Saturdays a year that they allow people to run it so we'll need to keep this on the down low during the planning process - if you can make it happen :yup:

Once again, another great film. I can't imagine my little LJ Rubicon with 33's rolling through that canyon. You guys are amazing. I'm ever impressed with the level of equipment (Jeep and video) you guys have.

I love watching all of your videos and watch them regularly. There is no-one out there creating videos like you do. The level of story telling, music, image quality and yet you share it all for free. You guys rock. Thank you.

Thank you. We know that there are TONS of off road videos out there and some are professionally produced by well known manufacturers and vendors. We could never hope to compete against them especially with all the resources they have at their disposal but we're glad to know you still enjoy our films. :yup:

That was a truly awesome video, as usual!!!.. Thank you guys so much for sharing your °lllllll° adventures.:beer:

David

Awesome video guys. I'm moving to the east coast soon. Seeing this stuff is torture!

Another great video add always Eddie and Cindy. Inspiring as I'm just getting ready to start building out my new Rubicon!!!

Thank you guys!

Awesome video as always Eddie and Cindy!! Makes me miss all the great times on the trail!

Well, if you're willing to head out to the east, we could always meet up with you up in the Sierra's :yup:

Very cool video! What a trail! Videos and pics don't generally do justice in terms of the actual size of things compared to when you are there in person. But even on video those rocks look huge. I can only imagine in person how big they really are!

:cheesy: LOL!! It's funny you should say as much as you completely understand things in a way that most do not. Yes, the rocks were actually big enough out here that they actually LOOKED like it on camera too :crazyeyes:

I did not know Trailbud was running a semi-float PR60 and doing just fine with 40s. In case I ever upgrade to a larger tire size, it is good to know the semi-float PR60 will handle the job. Thanks again for the great vid!

Oh yeah, he's running a semi-float 60 just like we used to run back in the day. Honestly, if he were doing it with a set of 40x13.50's, I think it would be fine but with his massive 40x15.50's, it's borderline too much. Like us, he has broken one flange in the past. It is the reason why we moved up to a full-floater.

Very impressive Eddie and Cindy. I enjoyed watching every minute. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the WOL family and experience your adventures. It inspires me to make my own. 

Awesome, we're so glad to hear it!

Wow just about 24 hours and over 6 thousand views!! Nice! I know three of them are from me and the boy lol157478

Wow, I just now saw that!! It's hard to believe so many people tuned in to watch our little film in such a short amount of time. Thank you for sharing that here :thumb:

JKRay
08-04-2015, 01:45 AM
Well, if you're willing to head out to the east, we could always meet up with you up in the Sierra's :yup:

That would be awesome!! I would love to do that only thing that sucks is I had to sale my jeep because it was getting too expensive but I'm working on getting an older one here soon! 😁

wayoflife
08-04-2015, 01:46 AM
That would be awesome!! I would love to do that only thing that sucks is I had to sale my jeep because it was getting too expensive but I'm working on getting an older one here soon! 

Awe man, I didn't know that, what a bummer! Maybe look into getting an XJ, they are typically dirt cheap and easy to mod.

JKRay
08-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Awe man, I didn't know that, what a bummer! Maybe look into getting an XJ, they are typically dirt cheap and easy to mod.

Yea I'm pretty bummed out about it but that's what I was thinking of doing or get an old comanche and fix it up too which ever comes first haha

RjSkippy
08-04-2015, 02:05 AM
Excellent video, Thanks for sharing the adventure! :thumb:

Webe
08-04-2015, 02:14 AM
3 miles in 15 hrs. That would be brutal in that heat.:beer:

Mtb275
08-04-2015, 02:22 AM
sweet vid, thanks for sharing

RanchoRubi
08-04-2015, 02:24 AM
So after watching it 5 times, I still cant get over how "real deal" this captures the epic trek. It speaks volumes to all the planning and passion about the adventure and the commitment to sharing it by you and Cindy. Beyond the incredibly professional production, what i love is the story telling of which none was planned.
You and Cindy truly love this and it shows. That part at the end of the video when you close and its clear its been a really long adrenaline day is priceless. Thank you both for letting me share the adventure with great friends. 👏

Napalm
08-04-2015, 02:41 AM
I was finally able to watch this film, and I must say; it was fantastic!

You guys do an excellent job with Editing, effects, and most importantly wheeling.

Your videos do an incredible job of painting a picture on what a "Wayalife" truly is. Not just driving over stuff and having a lifted vehicle, but sharing a common interest with friends, having a great time exploring some history, and overcoming challenging obstacles on some of the best trails in the Country.

Proud to be apart of this community.

jesse3638
08-04-2015, 02:53 AM
Wow, that would be cool. Just remember that there's a limit as to how many people can go and there are only 7 Saturdays a year that they allow people to run it so we'll need to keep this on the down low during the planning process - if you can make it happen :yup:

What planning process?...;)

mastrcruse
08-04-2015, 03:09 AM
Awesome video Eddie! Thanks for sharing. The trail looks like a beast! Do you mind sharing what video editing software you use? I'm currently using the go pro software which is okay but doesn't allow you to do much. Looking forward to your next video!

DWiggles
08-04-2015, 03:19 AM
Loved the video! It's good to see the regular wayalife crew again.

Jake Wilson
08-04-2015, 03:42 AM
I sure hope you guys are going to do this run again in the next few years because I would LOVE to join in. At the rate my build is going I should be built enough to do this by Christmas of 2016! Great video guys and gals!

cozdude
08-04-2015, 03:49 AM

steve, the funny part about that was Cindy’s voice behind me saying “I got that” on video … AARRGGHH please don’t use that!!! Oh well, the way the jeep lurched to the drivers side it was just a natural reaction; one that I have worked hard not to repeat! :blush:

In all honesty Don I prob would have reacted the same way just because it is just a natural reaction.

Ragnar JK
08-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Finally got the time to sit down and watch this - all I can say is wow...this was an epic run and like so many have said - would not have been possible without good friends watching out for each other. Best times of your life are spent with good friends in strange places - sometimes your just lucky enough to be able to relive it because talented people are a part of it. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for making all of it possible.

PB's-12JKU
08-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Awesome video, watched it more than once. 15hr's for 3 miles, what a trail.

bikermice21
08-04-2015, 06:26 AM
Well done Eddie! Awesome Video, You and Cindy do some incredible work! Keep it up!:clap2:

Rascal3
08-04-2015, 07:15 AM
That was Awesome, loved every minute of it.:thumb::rock:

bonedaddy
08-04-2015, 10:19 AM
damn - what a run!

Thanks for sharing the Epic Treks...

- Donnie

RubiX1
08-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Awesome, unbelievable trek for all you guys & gals. Thanks for sharing the video. just when you think you had a long hard day, watch that video. :thumb:

wayoflife
08-04-2015, 03:08 PM
3 miles in 15 hrs. That would be brutal in that heat.:beer:

Oh yeah, what was worse is that the rocks heated up and the whole canyon felt like a furnace and well into the night. It sucked!

So after watching it 5 times, I still cant get over how "real deal" this captures the epic trek. It speaks volumes to all the planning and passion about the adventure and the commitment to sharing it by you and Cindy. Beyond the incredibly professional production, what i love is the story telling of which none was planned.
You and Cindy truly love this and it shows. That part at the end of the video when you close and its clear its been a really long adrenaline day is priceless. Thank you both for letting me share the adventure with great friends. 

Thanks Et, that really means a lot to us and we're so glad that you join us on so many of our runs :yup:

I was finally able to watch this film, and I must say; it was fantastic!

You guys do an excellent job with Editing, effects, and most importantly wheeling.

Your videos do an incredible job of painting a picture on what a "Wayalife" truly is. Not just driving over stuff and having a lifted vehicle, but sharing a common interest with friends, having a great time exploring some history, and overcoming challenging obstacles on some of the best trails in the Country.

Proud to be apart of this community.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and we're so glad that you would feel this way. As much as we love the challenge of driving over stuff, it in and of itself is not what's most important to us. For us, it's more like icing on the cake to everything else. I'm glad that you are a part of this community. :cool:

What planning process?...;)

:idontknow: :crazyeyes: :D

Awesome video Eddie! Thanks for sharing. The trail looks like a beast! Do you mind sharing what video editing software you use? I'm currently using the go pro software which is okay but doesn't allow you to do much. Looking forward to your next video!

We use Adobe Premier BUT, I should warn you that it isn't an easy piece of software you can just pick up and use. If you're willing to learn it, you will find it to be useful. Of course, Final Cut is the industry standard.

Loved the video! It's good to see the regular wayalife crew again.

Glad to hear it. We're glad to be featuring our regular crew again too. :yup:

wayoflife
08-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Finally got the time to sit down and watch this - all I can say is wow...this was an epic run and like so many have said - would not have been possible without good friends watching out for each other. Best times of your life are spent with good friends in strange places - sometimes your just lucky enough to be able to relive it because talented people are a part of it. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for making all of it possible.

Thanks Derek, we're so glad you enjoyed the film and we're so glad you were able to join us for this epic run! We so hope you'll be able to join us on future runs like it :yup:

Awesome video, watched it more than once. 15hr's for 3 miles, what a trail.

Glad to hear it was worth a second watch. As for the time and distance, again, I just have to thank all our friends for being as patient with us as they were.

Awesome, unbelievable trek for all you guys & gals. Thanks for sharing the video. just when you think you had a long hard day, watch that video. :thumb:

LOL!! I suppose that's one way to look at it. Glad you liked the video.

AlStew
08-04-2015, 04:50 PM
I really enjoyed the video. I really like the some of the long angle clips and also the fish eye clip was awesome too!

getoverit
08-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Another awesome WAL video Eddie & Cindy. Thanks for taking us along for the ride - we felt like we were there right with you! Stephanie you killed it girl! Some day I (Naomi) want to grow up and be a real driver like you and Cindy are! Loved the individual commentary. Loved the music too - especially at the end when you were making the last hard run in the dark. It made it so suspenseful that I found myself sitting on the edge of my chair leaning into the computer screen. Kudos to you Eddie for making the run with no power steering! Russ says your arms looked like Popeye arms by the end! So glad you were able to make this run so you could share it with us!

Graywolf
08-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Great film, really great trail. Thanks for sharing.

BdugJK
08-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Awesome as always!:rock:

DMF
08-04-2015, 11:48 PM
15 hrs, 3 miles. Wow, just wow. I don't think what I do is consider rock crawling now.

Jtvegas
08-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Great movie and really liked the night shots!

Jtmw
08-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Killer video again.

wayoflife
08-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Another awesome WAL video Eddie & Cindy. Thanks for taking us along for the ride - we felt like we were there right with you! Stephanie you killed it girl! Some day I (Naomi) want to grow up and be a real driver like you and Cindy are! Loved the individual commentary. Loved the music too - especially at the end when you were making the last hard run in the dark. It made it so suspenseful that I found myself sitting on the edge of my chair leaning into the computer screen. Kudos to you Eddie for making the run with no power steering! Russ says your arms looked like Popeye arms by the end! So glad you were able to make this run so you could share it with us!

LOL!! Thanks Naomi, we're glad that our film was able to make you feel as if you were there. It's also great to know that the music we used helped set the mood for what you were seeing. As far as driving goes, all you've got to do is get out there and do it. Time behind the wheel = experience :yup:

CJW
08-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Very cool video! Looks like a very fun trail!

Ragnar JK
08-08-2015, 02:53 AM
Having a little screening....

Desert Rose JK
08-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Great job Eddie and Cindy !!!! Another first class production, you two ROCK!! :rock: :rock: Along with the big ass rock fields you guys rolled through, what a trip ! Thanks for sharing!!!! :thumb:

JJM
08-09-2015, 12:45 AM
Yet another fantastic video! Thanks for the hard work, it's appreciated for sure.

BigJeschke
08-09-2015, 03:32 AM
2 shots of American Honey Please!!

wayoflife
08-10-2015, 03:14 AM
Selected at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Congratulations!! :thumb:

07JKSahara
08-10-2015, 03:19 AM
Congrats Buster!

Napalm
08-10-2015, 03:31 AM
Congrats!! Great win!

Buster3479
08-10-2015, 04:41 AM
Thank you so much Eddie! As I said in the PM with my info, I just got back in the house from a full day installing EVO Rockstars to find out I won the elusive and coveted shot glasses! What a great way to end a day!

<Jeep Wave> OlllllllO

HoosierWolf
08-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Congrats Buster!

However Ragnar JK wins best screening venue :thumb:

15unlimited
08-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Awesome Video. It looks like it was an amazing time, especially that night crawl!.

cozdude
08-16-2015, 01:57 AM
Love watching it on my tv over my phone

robertoloco
08-16-2015, 05:08 AM
Yes I waited a week to watch it just so I could watch it on my tv and speakers:D

Buster3479
08-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Came home from work today and found that the shot glasses arrived safely in our mailbox! Had to celebrate the arrival with a little Private Stock! Thanks again Eddie!

noroad
08-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch it! Amazing what a trail! Great job Eddie and Cindy as well as everyone else that survived the trail!

NecessaryEvil
08-20-2015, 09:38 PM
I really enjoyed the video. All of them for that matter. That's one thing that has inspired me to build to go out west. The fact is not only you get the views of a life time, but the sense of history you get visiting these type of trails. Great Video!

BradsTj
08-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Same, that was a great video and watching your videos got my Jeep craving going. I'm slowly building my rig up and one day hope to take on some of these trails.

Edwrds
08-26-2015, 03:18 AM
Great video pretty much my back door where I live!! Amazing what you guys can do with your jeeps. I've been threw that on my dirt bike years ago. Really enjoyed watching the great camaraderie.