Putting together a Big Bear Run on the 8th.

WillyJKU14

Wanting to put together a run this weekend for anybody interested. I would like to do trails that anyone can manage even in a stock jeep. Depends on who wants to join me. We ran Dishpan and Holcomb a couple weeks ago and had a great time. But not everybody could come because of the trail difficulty.
I will have my family with me so anyone is welcome.

Ok so the plan is to meet at the Big Bear Discovery center Saturday morning between 10-1030.
Once we have everybody we will air down and head over to the beginning of Jacoby Canyon 3N61. We will then head over and run Gold Mountain. Both trails will be done in reverse so the one major obstacle on Gold Mountain will be manageable Stock.
After that depending on the time we will be exploring other trails on the North side of the lake. Will end up near Fawnskin.

Also for anyone interested we will be doing a slightly difficult evening/night run. We will be running 2N06X Lower Larga Flats up to Holcomb 3N93 turning right. And finishing near Crab Flats.

Last edited:

JK LYF

How is Dishpan and Holcomb compared to John Bull?

On call this weekend or I would definitely be in.

WillyJKU14

How is Dishpan and Holcomb compared to John Bull?

On call this weekend or I would definitely be in.

I haven't done John Bull yet. From what I have heard they are not quite as difficult. But still quite challenging black trails.

JK LYF

I haven't done John Bull yet. From what I have heard they are not quite as difficult. But still quite challenging black trails.

Wish I could make it brotha. Any other time I'd be in! After this run, if you want to plan something either later in August or September let me know.

AlStew

I would be interested in joining! On stock suspension but have sliders and skid plates :thumb:

WillyJKU14

I would be interested in joining! On stock suspension but have sliders and skid plates :thumb:

Sounds great! like I posted, this run will be open to all. We will be doing more mild trails so everyone can get their jeep dirty.

dillard09

Wish I could join ya but will be out of town in CO. Maybe next time. Would love to meet some more fellow Wayalifers! Have fun guys!

BentMetal

Don't want to hijack your thread but I will be camping up there Thursday thru Sunday. We are planning on Saturday running Holcomb to dishpan and relaxing at the springs afterwards. We have 3 JKs and a TJ with our group. You all are more than welcome to join up with us if you are interested.

WillyJKU14

Don't want to hijack your thread but I will be camping up there Thursday thru Sunday. We are planning on Saturday running Holcomb to dishpan and relaxing at the springs afterwards. We have 3 JKs and a TJ with our group. You all are more than welcome to join up with us if you are interested.

No worries man, I appreciate the invite. We will see the turnout of who wants to come. Last run we had stock guys who wanted to come but couldn't. So I wanted to host a run that everybody can get their jeep dirty no matter if its stock or not.

BentMetal

There will be a stock jeep and a beginner driver that won't run holcomb/dishpan with us Saturday. Maybe we will move our run to Friday and join up with you Saturday if that's ok. We'll have a couple of small kids with us and our families.

WillyJKU14

There will be a stock jeep and a beginner driver that won't run holcomb/dishpan with us Saturday. Maybe we will move our run to Friday and join up with you Saturday if that's ok. We'll have a couple of small kids with us and our families.

That sounds great! I will have my two kids with me.
Stock sport or Rubicon?

Top Bottom