ZJ Bushwackers

TwistedJK

Just finished up installing bushwacker cut-out flares on my father's ZJ. It wasn't overly difficult, but we took our time making the total process over the course of three days just under 7 hours. Next up will be an Iron Rock Off-road 3.5" lift and hopefully some 33's!

Cutting and grinding!!
image.jpg

Finished product...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Fortunately for us, it was a beautiful overcast day with 5mph winds. Kept the humidity way down and it's only 78 degrees out!

TwistedJK

Installed the IRO 3.5" lift. Overall we're very happy with how it turned out, my father more importantly lol. With the new bumpstops, the trimming for the flares, and after taking a few measurements, this thing should be able to fit 33's with only some trimming to the front bumper.

image.jpg

It doesn't look like it, but there's actually 3" of tire to fender clearance in the rear.

TwistedJK

The vehicle is 5x4.5 and the wheels are 5x5 correct?

If they are they're on amazon.

Yeah I found some spacers that will convert it over. I was going to switch to his wheels too but I can not find a reasonable 37/12.50/15. Only ones I've found are over $400. I can buy the same size tire for a 17" rim for $342, and that's for Nitto trail grapplers at Discount. We'll figure it out though.

TwistedJK

Next up will be a Rough Country winch mounting plate with d-rings to take care of the front recovery problem. Still up in the air about what winch, although it will have a synthetic line whichever brand it is.

The 4 Wheel Parts truck and keep show us coming up on the 22nd, so we'll see what deals we can get from there. Also going to add s 3/4" spacer up front to bring the nose up a bit and to help compensate for the winch.

Love us some Buskwacker ZJ flares too!

RH-7002-2T.jpg

Sudz

looks good!

I took the easier route on the flares. These net about 2 ½ inches of fender extension. Enough to keep Dudley Do-Right off my back. PA is strict on tires sticking out pass the fenders.

100_0697.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0823.jpg

TwistedJK

looks good!

I took the easier route on the flares. These net about 2 ½ inches of fender extension. Enough to keep Dudley Do-Right off my back. PA is strict on tires sticking out pass the fenders.

100_0697.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0823.jpg

Looks good! Did you run a spacer up front when you added that bumper?

Top Bottom