Opinions on a 2" suspension lift and 1" body lift for my JKU

rich67

Caught the Bug
I have been kicking around rims/tires and lifts for quite some time, and I think I have it decided I want to run 35's without breaking the bank. I am looking at a budget boost with about 2.5" of lift, and then was considering the 1" bl to provide additional clearance for the tires. I was planning on trimming my stock fenders as well. I guess the point to this is I did not want to replace my front driveshaft, or do any other major work that would break the bank. Between the BL (about $150) and the Budget Boost kit ($260), that puts me under my $500 budget for the lift. Is there a better option? Is the BL a waste? I know I can go with the 2.5 and run 35's with trimmed fenders and be ok, but I wanted the assurance of some extra clearance. What is the maximum lift I can pull of without having to replace driveshafts, etc. in order to maintain some degree of cost effectiveness? I was originally going to go with 33's and the budget boost, but after hearing people remark that they are quickly trading up to 35's, I didn't want to blow my money and be disappointed. I don't wheel anything crazy over here in Florida, but I want a capable rig when I head out west in a year or so to Moab and Sedona.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Your body mounts act as isolators and aid in your ride comfort. Replace them with hard poly pucks and your ride will suck. Not to mention that you will gain nothing. Your asframe is going to be at the exact same height.

Jk bc Yolo did Moab with just a 2.5" budget boost and 35s.

I am running a 2.5" budget boost and 35s with full fenders and a little rubbing. Something that could be fixed by slightly taller bump stops.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Your body mounts act as isolators and aid in your ride comfort. Replace them with hard poly pucks and your ride will suck. Not to mention that you will gain nothing. Your asframe is going to be at the exact same height.

Jk bc Yolo did Moab with just a 2.5" budget boost and 35s.

I am running a 2.5" budget boost and 35s with full fenders and a little rubbing. Something that could be fixed by slightly taller bump stops.
OK, makes sense. I didn't know the BL would affect the quality of the ride. Don't want to be jarred around on the road. Thank you.

JakeJK

I have been kicking around rims/tires and lifts for quite some time, and I think I have it decided I want to run 35's without breaking the bank. I am looking at a budget boost with about 2.5" of lift, and then was considering the 1" bl to provide additional clearance for the tires. I was planning on trimming my stock fenders as well. I guess the point to this is I did not want to replace my front driveshaft, or do any other major work that would break the bank. Between the BL (about $150) and the Budget Boost kit ($260), that puts me under my $500 budget for the lift. Is there a better option? Is the BL a waste? I know I can go with the 2.5 and run 35's with trimmed fenders and be ok, but I wanted the assurance of some extra clearance. What is the maximum lift I can pull of without having to replace driveshafts, etc. in order to maintain some degree of cost effectiveness? I was originally going to go with 33's and the budget boost, but after hearing people remark that they are quickly trading up to 35's, I didn't want to blow my money and be disappointed. I don't wheel anything crazy over here in Florida, but I want a capable rig when I head out west in a year or so to Moab and Sedona.

I plan on running 35s with my RK 2.5 inch stock mod I just need wheels that will give me some more backspacing so I don't rub

Benito

Caught the Bug
you can run 37's with no lift and flat fenders.... so i think you can run 35's with a 2.5" lift which will probably give you 3" anyways.

I ran a TF 2.5 BB with stock fenders and never came close to rubbing with 35/12.5/18 trailgrapplers
yea thats what im saying. There is A TON of room for 35s...

you can run 37's with no lift and flat fenders.... so i think you can run 35's with a 2.5" lift which will probably give you 3" anyways.
lol you could mount them, but i wouldnt try any big speed bumps at the mall.

CREEPR

I got a 1" BL in a raffle when I first got my JK. Still in a box in the garage. On a tj you needed a little room between the body/frame. On the JK haven't had a need. I ran 35s with jkur springs/shocks and cut fenders on my two door. No rub at full flex.

TheStick

Kinda what i was thinking. 37s on a 3" enforcer w flat fenders still takes some work to function right.

If he is running stock shocks they may just be bottoming out, which will keep it from rubbing but obviously isn't a good solution.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Is there any up-travel left at all? You got any pics?

So no lift. 37's. And no bump extensions up front? I would love to see pics of full flex.

If he is running stock shocks they may just be bottoming out, which will keep it from rubbing but obviously isn't a good solution.

It's not optimal, and I should have been more specific, no rubbing while DD and slight rubbing on front flat fenders which isn't damaging. I did do some pinch seem cutting as well but I'm landing on my bump stops up front and in the rear. i also did make the mistake of not running bump stop extensions in the rear after I mounted the wheels/tires and cut my passenger rear treads about half way through. I have a build thread. It is doable, not optimal.

IMG_2425.jpg

I need to find some bigger rocks to see how much more down travel I can get and the the up travel is scarce

Last edited:

TLW1022

1.25"Body Lift
2.5"Rough Country Spring/Shock Lift
35" Tires

Body Lift adds spacers, they do not replace the rubber insulators. Rides just like stock,,,no change

This set up will clear 37" tires with flat or trimmed fenders. And with no expensive suspension or drive shaft mods.

Attachments

• jeep6.jpg
    jeep6.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 120

Jtmw

1.25"Body Lift
2.5"Rough Country Spring/Shock Lift
35" Tires

Body Lift adds spacers, they do not replace the rubber insulators. Rides just like stock,,,no change

This set up will clear 37" tires with flat or trimmed fenders. And with no expensive suspension or drive shaft mods.

Side note, I'm digging the huge amounts of sidewall on those tires.

Panda

Any lift raises your center of gravity :doh:

A Body lift raises it less than a suspension lift as you are only raising the body

But there's no benefit to it, you can get more than 1.25 just trimming fenders :doh:

Top Bottom