Let's see your Jeep jk LS & Hemi conversions

LSX-Jeep

Hey everyone just wondering if we can start a Ls or Hemi Conversion sticky so guys like myself can get as much help and motivation as possible. So if you could please post some pics, do's and don'ts, places to take your rig...once again thanks.

LOL....here are my only pics on my phone. The only thing I know as of now is that swapping an LS into a pentastar jeep is not recommended until MoTech or somebody finishes a kit for them :cheesy:

I've learned a ton already and I'm sure I'll learn even more once the mechanical part of the swap is over.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438803434.618123.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438803458.941813.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438803485.710658.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438803508.044285.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438803527.168211.jpg

2Cross

Caught the Bug
TrailJeeps did my 5.7 HEMI conversion four years ago. Rig has 45,000 miles on it. Until recently no problems but my fan went bad and water pump started leaking.
Repaired and now back to normal.

I can post pics later. But looks factory to me

TrailJeeps did my 5.7 HEMI conversion four years ago. Rig has 45,000 miles on it. Until recently no problems but my fan went bad and water pump started leaking.
Repaired and now back to normal.

I can post pics later. But looks factory to me

Have you ever had any problems with overheating?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Have you ever had any problems with overheating?

My engine gets warm when I tow a trailer on long climbs (light has NEVER came on but was two clicks above where it normally runs). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438820141.625343.jpg

I could hear my fan was going out when I would turn the engine off and listen to the fan. Made a noise like a bearing was going out. When changing the fan I Noticed the water pump leaked a little and replaced it.

I am very proactive in maintaining my rig since I take it everywhere and it's my DD. I've done the Rubicon, Moab (Pritchett and Metal Masher & many more), and all over Colorado.

I think I might have done an LS if it was an option four years ago.

Top Bottom