Need winch advise ASAP!

Jbl_jk

Guy is trying to sell me a warn xd9000 winch for $440 but it needs the remote because it shorted out and it needs the "quick connectors that go to the vehicle".

Is this a good deal? Will warn replace anything?

Rccrwlr

Guy is trying to sell me a warn xd9000 winch for $440 but it needs the remote because it shorted out and it needs the "quick connectors that go to the vehicle".

No warranty. Remote is $60. I'm sure you can get the quick connector or just get a set of leads for $10-20. I paid $400 for my xd9000i without a remote but had full power leads.

OscarMike2.0

If its in good shape sounds like a really good deal to me. They go for 1000 new.

Jbl_jk

The biggest dilemma I have is that I can get an Engo 10k with synthetic line for $435... Or a used warn xd9000 for $400....

The biggest dilemma I have is that I can get an Engo 10k with synthetic line for $435... Or a used warn xd9000 for $400....
doesnt sound like a much of a dilemma, especially if the warn is in good shape. I wouldnt think twice about getting the warn over the engo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
doesnt sound like a much of a dilemma, especially if the warn is in good shape. I wouldnt think twice about getting the warn over the engo.

LOL!! That's about what I was thinking. Ask Adam what he thinks about his ENGO or should I say, NOGO :crazyeyes:

LOL!! That's about what I was thinking. Ask Adam what he thinks about his ENGO or should I say, NOGO :crazyeyes:
Ha! Thats what i was thinking about when i read that but i figured Overlander or yourself could provide the details regarding the Engo way better than i...

Hot94Z28

Buy the warn, I have an ENGO but know I'm on borrowed time with it only reason I have not switched yet is my job has kept me from doing pretty much any wheeling this year.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Get the Warn, I have the XD9000i and it has never missed a beat, had it about 15 years. Next one will be another one of these or the powerplant.

Coop

Caught the Bug
While we're on the subject, is the basic Warn winch waterproof except for the control unit/contactor?
Coop

Last edited:

Jbl_jk

Thanks for all the input guys! The warn doesn't appear to be in good shape judging from the one picture he will send me... And he's 2 hours away so that's a bit of a drive to check the condition out.

I believe I'm gonna pass on this deal and save up for a new warn.

Top Bottom