RK stock mod 2.5

JakeJK

Does anyone know if the RK rear track bar relocation bracket requires welding? Regarding a 2.5 stock mod lift

Black Beaver

You can put if on with the bolts provided. So if you don't have access to a welder you can put your lift on in the driveway and drive it to a shop and have them weld it on. They recommend it be welded before any off-road use.

JakeJK

Yes..........

You can put if on with the bolts provided. So if you don't have access to a welder you can put your lift on in the driveway and drive it to a shop and have them weld it on. They recommend it be welded before any off-road use.

Welp looks like I'm not going to be able to just throw it on and go like I thought lol. Welding scares the shit out of me because I've never done it before and I feel like I would screw something up guess I'll take it up to the shop as suggested by black beaver

Black Beaver

Welp looks like I'm not going to be able to just throw it on and go like I thought lol. Welding scares the shit out of me because I've never done it before and I feel like I would screw something up guess I'll take it up to the shop as suggested by black beaver

I had the same question as you. This is what they told me when I called RK. So I plan on just installing it by myself and then taking it to a shop to have them weld the bracket and my evo C gussets. I've had the kit sitting in my room for over a month now. I want to put it on but don't want my jeep to look funny with stock tires.

JakeJK

I had the same question as you. This is what they told me when I called RK. So I plan on just installing it by myself and then taking it to a shop to have them weld the bracket and my evo C gussets. I've had the kit sitting in my room for over a month now. I want to put it on but don't want my jeep to look funny with stock tires.

LOL I'm doing the exact same thing! Mines been in the back of my truck for 2.5 weeks but tires are so dang expensive

JakeJK

I know it sucks. I also have a hard time justifying taking off tires that only have 15000 miles on them.

Heck mine have nearly 6000 I've thought about selling them but who would but them haha I saw a pic of a 2 door with the stock mod and stock tires lemme see if I can find it

JakeJK

That was my thinking. It's not bad... but, It would look 100 times better with some 35s. I thought about just throwing the lift on and driving around with my tires and try selling them and buy new ones when I know I got a buyer.

I also thought about that, but I really want new wheels as well when I get new tires so I might try to sell tires and wheels as a pair maybe to someone who has those cheaper stock wheels

Black Beaver

I also thought about that, but I really want new wheels as well when I get new tires so I might try to sell tires and wheels as a pair maybe to someone who has those cheaper stock wheels

Makes sense. I have the wheels I want, but not the size tires.You'll have to let us know what you end up doing.

JakeJK

Makes sense. I have the wheels I want, but not the size tires.You'll have to let us know what you end up doing.

Regarding the lift and rear track bar bracket my cousin knows a guy near me who's a sales rep for Lincoln electric and can weld well, he also restored a 68 mustang so I think he will do the job fine for a 12 pack, and regarding wheels and tires my ultimate goal is definitely 35s and 17 inch wheels I want BFG all terrains because I only off-road on occasion but they last a long time and I have no idea about wheels yet there's so many choices haha

Black Beaver

Regarding the lift and rear track bar bracket my cousin knows a guy near me who's a sales rep for Lincoln electric and can weld well, he also restored a 68 mustang so I think he will do the job fine for a 12 pack, and regarding wheels and tires my ultimate goal is definitely 35s and 17 inch wheels I want BFG all terrains because I only off-road on occasion but they last a long time and I have no idea about wheels yet there's so many choices haha

I had BFG's AT on my old TJ, wasn't really impressed with them. But that's just me. We use Goodyear Duratracs on all of our fleet trucks at work and have really good luck with them.

JakeJK

I had BFG's AT on my old TJ, wasn't really impressed with them. But that's just me. We use Goodyear Duratracs on all of our fleet trucks at work and have really good luck with them.

Did you have the new AT? I've heard that they're awesome compared to the old ones but I've never had any experience with the new ones. I had 33" old BFG ATs on my truck and they lasted 65k miles and were on the truck 7.5 years and they're still there haha

Black Beaver

Did you have the new AT? I've heard that they're awesome compared to the old ones but I've never had any experience with the new ones. I had 33" old BFG ATs on my truck and they lasted 65k miles and were on the truck 7.5 years and they're still there haha

Yeah I had the AT's. They do last forever, but they didn't seem to grip as well as I wanted them too. I slid in snow and rain a lot. But we get a lot of snow here in Utah. They did grip rocks good. But for my DD in winter. Kinda scared me sliding that much.

JakeJK

Yeah I had the AT's. They do last forever, but they didn't seem to grip as well as I wanted them too. I slid in snow and rain a lot. But we get a lot of snow here in Utah. They did grip rocks good. But for my DD in winter. Kinda scared me sliding that much.

Haha I live in Alabama so we done see much snow so for everything I ever used them for they were great, I don't think BFGs are known for good snow traction

aldaman

Does anyone know if the RK rear track bar relocation bracket requires welding? Regarding a 2.5 stock mod lift

Yes..........

Yes it does require welding especially when you take it off-roading....

That's what I did. Bolted it on at first then drove it to a shop to get it welded...

JohnnyD

Yes it does require welding especially when you take it off-roading....

That's what I did. Bolted it on at first then drove it to a shop to get it welded...

I have not welded mine yet. I have wheeled it pretty damn hard without issue...yet lol. I have a replacement from Clayton that I prefer just haven't put it in yet. This bracket will take some abuse without welding but I would definitely follow mfg recommendations to be safe...I'm not...well...safe I guess lol.

Top Bottom