Recall?

madflyer72

So I just took my 2015 JKUR to the dealership for a rattling sound for when I shifting into third gear.

While I was dropping it off they asked me to come back and sign for some "recall work" that they had to do. I guess there is a transmission flash update that jeep put out.

This was new news to me so I just figured I would share it with all of you. If it is old news, just let me know.

sjd78

Let us know if the transmission shifts any different when you get it back. Id be very interested in knowing.

madflyer72

As soon as I get out of the dealership and drive home I will post on here. Now I have the manual transmission so idk how much I will notice the difference compared to an automatic transmission.

madflyer72

Didn't notice Any difference in shifting or any better response time from the engine from the transmission flash.

They also said the third gear rattle is nothing to be concerned about but they did document it in case anything bad resulted from it...so glad I waited 2 hours for them to tell me that.

Dubzy

What recall work did they do? A manual transmission can't have a reflash.

I'm curious since I also have a 15 jkur.

Also, haven't noticed any noise when shifting into 3rd. Will have to listen more closely on my way home.

wcarlson40

That's just what they tell you when they don't know WTF is wrong with your car or how to fix it. "we did a software update"....... Hah, good luck

madflyer72

Here is a copy of my bill.

Sorry for the crappy picture quality.

The flash is for "P72 Reprogram Powertrain Control Mod"

noroad

is it just when shifting of when it is in 3rd driving, on our 2014 I always thought it made a funny noise.

Jeeplife101

I have the same rattle in my 15 jk. No idea yet what's is causing it but I don't like it either. Also the flash was done to mine too ...
Corrective action by your dealer based on your VIN being subject to 2015 PCM (aka ECU) Recall to correct a software flaw that ignores O2 sensor failures that could lead to increased emission output.

Last edited:
Top Bottom