Gears

rogerk93

I plan on re-gearing pretty soon and adding a arb locker in the rear. What brand gears or the best and can take abuse?

Spudcannons

I plan on re-gearing pretty soon and adding a arb locker in the rear. What brand gears or the best and can take abuse?

We will need to know your axles and tire size first. Assuming you do not have a Rubi, because of the lack of lockers, I would say avoid spending money on a D30.

rogerk93

I plan on switching to 5:13 on 37's by March. The front will be switched to a prorock 44 in a year or until it breaks. But my 3:21 stock gears are pretty bad with 33's already so I know it can't work with 37's.

Spudcannons

I plan on switching to 5:13 on 37's by March. The front will be switched to a prorock 44 in a year or until it breaks. But my 3:21 stock gears are pretty bad with 33's already so I know it can't work with 37's.

Running 5.13 gear in a D30 is a bad idea. Don't do it. The spider gears will be tiny and hold up to no abuse. You would be better off buying the PR44 now and running 33s(with stupid deep gears) until you can buy 37s. You will avoid blowing your gears up on the trail and be able to do plenty without being constantly worried about braking shit. just my :twocents:

EDIT: you could do 4.88 gears for 37s too many guys here do and you could manage highway speeds better

rogerk93

Running 5.13 gear in a D30 is a bad idea. Don't do it. The spider gears will be tiny and hold up to no abuse. You would be better off buying the PR44 now and running 33s(with stupid deep gears) until you can buy 37s. You will avoid blowing your gears up on the trail and be able to do plenty without being constantly worried about braking shit. just my :twocents:

EDIT: you could do 4.88 gears for 37s too many guys here do and you could manage highway speeds better

If 4:88 is a better option in a Dana 30 I'll probably go that route. I just need the Dana 30 to last me a little just to get my money in order for the prorock.

If 4:88 is a better option in a Dana 30 I'll probably go that route. I just need the Dana 30 to last me a little just to get my money in order for the prorock.

I wouldn't let your temporary time with the D30 effect your end goal. 5.13s are the way to go with 37s...

seanb123

I wouldn't let your temporary time with the D30 effect your end goal. 5.13s are the way to go with 37s...

X2 on this tons of guys run this including me. In theory the pinion is small and could break but like I said tons do it and they are fine and especially for someone like you who plans on going to a pr

seanb123

Oh and whether you have 4.88 or 5.13 the spider gears inside the carrier will be the same its the pinion gear that is to small

rogerk93

X2 on this tons of guys run this including me. In theory the pinion is small and could break but like I said tons do it and they are fine and especially for someone like you who plans on going to a pr

Good to get someone's opinion who actually runs the setup

Good to get someone's opinion who actually runs the setup

Well, I broke the hell out of a 4.88 on 35 ATs ...and we weren't being hard on it when it happened. The D30 is a tiny R&P to begin with, low gears only make the issue worse.

5.13s are doable for a short time, but I would keep it open and mostly to the pavement. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom